Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Norton news

Norton news and info
_dm4

Re: Norton news

Post by _dm4 »

Talked to Rob, the City Manager, and he said he wasn't aware that any trimming was going on. I asked (again) if they are planning any trimming to call me and I would come down and at least give my opinion. He thought that would be a good idea. He is going to try and find out who is doing the trimming and get it stopped. I mentioned it might be one of the prison crews. He was going to look into it. I suggested we might direct them to hole 13 and get them started on the "new" fairway over there. Tons of work for the taking over there. He is going to let me know if and when that happens. Also, I asked if the trailer that's in the middle of the fairway on 14 could be moved. He is going to check. I then told him about others moving baskets and that Kent and I would probably move some of them back for the tourney in Aug. He said just to let him know and he can visit with "those guys" and let them know when the tourney is and that they can move them back after. That was fine with me. I would also be willing to move them back, if that's what everyone else wanted.

Rob has always been very helpful when it comes to the parks in Norton and the disc golf course. It is always well maintained and Rob will do anything he can to help grow the sport of disc golf in Norton. Rob is on the side of disc golf promotion, and that is good to know!
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

Thought I would make the first post of the new year. Yeah! There really isn't much new news, but I have noticed a lot of casual play on the course and so, the baskets being in short might be the best thing! We might try rotating a few of the baskets to long and then changing it up throughout the summer. We also might leave them until the tourney. I am looking forward to moving tees to challenge myself on the course and leaving the baskets where they are, for the most part, so the course can be mind numbing and physically bland for all the new disc golfers! Shorts are fine for them and because of that, it's fine for me.
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

Hit a deer on the way back from the Doo Dah! Wasn't that bad, for me, but the deer didn't make it. (moment of silence please).

I played fairly well today (above my rating), but poor yesterday. Was a fun Doo Dah!
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

Been awhile. N News, couldn't play this weekend. Not friz. Not pawhuska. Not even a nice doubles tourney in mccook. All because of a hurt foot! Not that bad but bad enough. Killing me not to play!! Maybe soon.
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

It's been a while since I posted on here so decided to go ahead. My foots been bothering me so I haven't been playing for about a month. Played a little bit today so will see how feels tomorrow. Maybe I'll get to do a tournament this year. Also send out letters to see if businesses would like to help sponsor new baskets in Norton. So if we get a good response, we will be installing some Innova Disc Catchers!
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

If you didn't know, new baskets are in the ground! Innova Discatcher Pro's. Kind of fun playing on real baskets! dm4 out
Swede

Post by Swede »

_dm4 wrote:If you didn't know, new baskets are in the ground! Innova Discatcher Pro's. Kind of fun playing on real baskets! dm4 out
Woah! Congrats, Don. Sounds satisfying. Wonder if you'll miss the confidence boost you'd get when you showed up somewhere with great catching baskets?

You coming to 1880? There's a number of people looking for partners in your range.
Throw Millennium.
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

Got a few more bits of info. Too many discs hitting the building that they put in in the middle of Fairway nine. It's kind of a scorekeepers building for baseball. One of the golfers broke a window out so they asked us to move the Tee Box. I didn't really want to but it seems like the right thing to do. And Norton and in other places, majority rules! We move the basket a little to the left and up ahead. I think the hole plays a little bit easier, but it's still a good hole. The city cut down a couple of trees for us, dug out a spot for the new Teebox, and move the old one and it's new place. They also moved the tee sign, and lowered the Teeboxes on holes 12 and 13! Kent Lockhart apparently has some pull with the city guys, because I've been trying to get them to do that for years! Anyway, those holes playing a lot better now. We think the course will be a lot friendlier for all to enjoy it now!