Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Topeka Skins League

Capital City News
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

How exactly do you run your skins league Q?
superq

Post by superq »

First off I dont run it...

The way it is done is that everyone pays $1.00 to play each week, then groups are choosen random flip at first then after the first month the top 5 skins winners to date play in a group. Everyone is playing .25 per hole skins in there own group with optional low. The skins totals for each player is added up and calculated weekly.

The hook is that at the end of the year everyone that has played the league 17 times through the season is invited to the super skins game. usually it ends up being 10-12 people and we play two rounds the first round to seed the groups for the second round and the second round for all of the dollar entry fees collected through the year. Last year my group was a fivesome, we were playing for $5 a hole skins and I took $75 home...

It is a lot of fun.
Leo D.

Post by Leo D. »

superq wrote: Last year my group was a fivesome, we were playing for $5 a hole skins and I took $75 home...
Congradulations
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

The only problem I see is that people wouldn't want to do the math to figure out who owes what. Also, people don't bring change.

I was thinking that if a club was in charge of a skins format...

They could collect the money. Group players in groups of 4 according to handicap. 3 players would be better than 5 probably. You certainly don't want 18 holes to push.

Have a sudden death play-off for carried skins. Start on a predetermined hole. Only people who tie for the best score continue in the play-off. You could just have a one hole play-off where ctp breaks any ties.

Low score would get a certain amount from each players entry. Most skins would get a certain amount and 2nd most skins would get a certain amount. Of course, playing for $10 each would be a lot better than $5. Anyways, using this method keeps the players from having to split quarters 4 ways.
superq

Post by superq »

yea the nice thing is that if everyone knows that it is .25 skins then they do bring quarters. as far as the math goes well if you cant figure out what to pay when dealing with 18 units of 25 then you have bigger problems.

If the DDDC was going to run a skins league I think the only thing I would change is the entry fee to $2.00 and the payout at the end of the year thing to 1/2 of all the entries so the club made a little jack.
superq

Post by superq »

last night skins league we played the lake skip a double.

so tee 1 to pin 3, tee 4 to pin 6 and so on, wow that was a brutal round, the shortest hole was maybe 150 and most of the holes were 400+. The hot rounds were 66 by Bren Bruce, and Me. Nils shot a 66 too but that group used the regular tee pads for 2 and 18 and on 4-6 they teed in front of the concrete so that is a big * on his 66. If you get out to the lake and want to see some really cool golf shots I highly recomend it, I also recomend not starting it after 6 unless you are running or playing on the summer solstice :P