what do you want... (back by poplular demand)

Capital City News
McCabe
Regional Rep

Postby McCabe » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:51 pm

Why not leave Rice the way it is, and work on C-View, the Lake, or Big Shunga?

J

Postby J » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:58 pm

McCabe wrote:Why not leave Rice the way it is, and work on C-View, the Lake, or Big Shunga?

Im guessing its the big $ sign. :D

superq

Postby superq » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:21 am

the lake is getting benches and hole tee markers.
Crestview is getting new pins (possibly a redesign.
big shunga is still in the works, the city is talking to the neighbors about us using the park.

So all the courses (even the ones we dont yet have are getting some TLC, Rice just really needed some help, the course has some potential.

J

Postby J » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:51 pm

superq wrote:the lake is getting benches and hole tee markers.
Crestview is getting new pins (possibly a redesign.
big shunga is still in the works, the city is talking to the neighbors about us using the park.

So all the courses (even the ones we dont yet have are getting some TLC, Rice just really needed some help, the course has some potential.

Rice is definatly a fun place to play, even with it's current length situation. Just a nice, relaxed, casual course. Good to hear things are in the works all over T-town :D

Ring

Postby Ring » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:32 pm

superq wrote:big shunga is still in the works, the city is talking to the neighbors about us using the park.

Are these talks of a permanent course? If so thats the best kansas news I've heard latly, other then Emporia being an A-Tier!!!

Keep up the good work Q.
Evreybody dies but not everybody lives...

Leo D.

Postby Leo D. » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:14 am

Rice is definatly a fun place to play, even with it's current length situation. Just a nice, relaxed, casual course. Good to hear things are in the works all over T-town :D

I have witnessed at least three illegal "deals", think I have seen prostitution (not sure, might of been two males), watched two dog fights, one resulting in the golfer going to the hospital, seen three people hit with discs, domestic disputes in the playground, african-american violence at the elementry school, one full out out house "search" along hole 9, and seen a deer two feet from me in the rough in hole 3.

With that being said, its pretty sweet. :lol:

Anakha

Postby Anakha » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:14 pm

Leo D. wrote:

I have witnessed at least three illegal "deals", think I have seen prostitution (not sure, might of been two males), watched two dog fights, one resulting in the golfer going to the hospital, seen three people hit with discs, domestic disputes in the playground, african-american violence at the elementry school, one full out out house "search" along hole 9, and seen a deer two feet from me in the rough in hole 3.

Ah...yes good ole' east Topeka, cool thing now tho, is with the new law just passed, we might get to have people play "skeet" with our discs. :?

J

Postby J » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:08 pm

Leo D. wrote:

That's funny, I see that almost every day in emporia :D

Everytime i've played at Rice, I saw like 2-5 people even near the course. I used to be a manager at that Falley's store two blocks away. I had employee's shot in the back, knifed, and who knows what else. that being said, I haven't got much of a problem playing on the "east" side of town.

McCabe
Regional Rep

Postby McCabe » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:13 pm

J wrote:That's funny, I see that almost every day in emporia

Your full of it.

Leo D.

Postby Leo D. » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:36 am

You know if you spent more time on the East side and less at the Peter you wouldn't see that everyday :lol:

J

Postby J » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:35 pm

Leo D. wrote:

You know if you spent more time on the East side and less at the Peter you wouldn't see that everyday :lol:

That's probally true.... I guess I just prefer to live dangerously :D

beisner

Hey

Postby beisner » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:47 pm

Does anybody know...

Which park will the Topeka tournament be at?

Also...what's the story with Lawrence... are they going to have a tournament this year?

I'd play both!

superq

Postby superq » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:52 pm

the event on the schedule now will be at Crestview one round normal one round gold. It will be the Cap city classic.

We may have a Shunga Nunga event in september that is still on the table at this point. also we have league every tuesday and wednesday in Topeka so come on out for those.

beisner

ah

Postby beisner » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:38 pm

Waddaya mean Gold? I'm green here. 8)
Never played gold.

Any idea what Lawrencia has cooking? Last I heard they weren't organizing much of anything (?)...

Anakha

Postby Anakha » Tue May 16, 2006 7:12 pm

superq wrote:pins going in at rice as soon as I can get the material, need 8 36inch long 2inch id sleves and bags of quickcrete... then homey with the hookup to get the auger and we are in business...
So is this still in the itinerary? And how goes the projects for the parks in general?

Return to “Topeka”