Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Newton????

Out of date topics will be moved here.
_dm4

Newton????

Post by _dm4 »

I saw my wife's cousin yesterday and he said some land owner at "Camp Hawk" has put up a cable and no trespassing signs so they can't mow or play some of the holes. What's up with that? I guess newton was not on the schedule last year, but it is a great course and I play it once or twice a year. Last Spring it was still fine. What happened?
b

Post by b »

I played Newton about 3 weeks ago and saw nothing like that. Many improvements had been made, like tree removal and mowing. I'd hate to see them lose any of it.
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

Well, that is good to hear! Hopefully he did not know what he was talking about.

Post by 2 »

We were playing last year and ran into Rich mowing, ask him about the cables and no trespass. He said its all good that they did it for??? I cant remember now but he said you can still play every hole, no problem!!
JC

Post by JC »

Yeah, Logan and I just played it and it was the most cleaned up I've ever seen it. They've removed too many trees in my opinion and it probably plays a few strokes easier than it used to.
discscout

Post by discscout »

I was there a few weeks ago with a local and he informed me that what was once thought of as park land actually belongs to a farmer. The county has complete control over the park and doesn't allow any work to be done by the local club but the farmers land is only done by the locals and is looking very sweet and will get better with time.
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

:D
superq

Post by superq »

discscout wrote:the local club .
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that right there's funny.