Question about Moving Up...

Out of date topics will be moved here.
smitty

Postby smitty » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:18 am

Bag kicking is gay!

I consider someone a bagger when they place near the top at every tourney they play.

If they win an event, and their score is good enough to win the division above them, so what. Everyone has their day.

The people who are cashing in the top few spots at every event, those are the people who need to move up.

jlew

Postby jlew » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:21 am

Okay, on this same topic, it "appears" that everyone is agreement that moving up cannot hurt because it can help you to get better. Am I reading this part correctly?
Jason

"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him. - Sun Tzu"

_dm4

Postby _dm4 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:44 am

jlew wrote:Okay, on this same topic, it "appears" that everyone is agreement that moving up cannot hurt because it can help you to get better. Am I reading this part correctly?

I know some guys that moved up too soon! Then they felt they were stuck. Trying it out is ok. If you fail a couple times and just don't seem to be having any fun, then play back down. To me though, a true competitor will find his/her division and play in it. Tough descision for anyone.

Ruder

Postby Ruder » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:15 pm

Whatever you do, make sure to wear protection.
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.

McCabe
Regional Rep

Postby McCabe » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:50 pm

smitty wrote:Bag kicking is gay!

JC

Postby JC » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:32 pm

IMO, if you are a newer player that plays and practices all the time and is rapidly improving, I don't see anything wrong with staying in a lower division long enough to enjoy some hard earned success before moving up with the big boys in advanced and open because you've earned it through dedication. I personally have a problem with the people who have been playing since like 1985 and at one point were advanced players who show up at tournaments and play in the novice or am II division and use the excuse "well I haven't played as much in the past couple years so I'm kind of rusty" and then win or place high in the division.

Return to “Archives”