Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

2005 schedule

Out of date topics will be moved here.
heddy

cap city classic

Post by heddy »

smitty-

how does the first weekend in may sound? it appeared to be an open weekend and the tournament is usually in may. the last 2 years it hasnt been a pdga event only because of turnout due to advertising but I would like it to be a c-tier again next year. I think it being on the kdga would kick some booty. As well for Lawrence I talk to Nate Marshall( their club president) fairly often and will run it by him but Im pretty sure it would be cool, why not! let me know what you think.
Eaglehigh99

observation

Post by Eaglehigh99 »

Heddy:

Were you thinking a one day tournament or a two day tournament?

If its a two day tournament, it may be a little "tight" to put it in between Salina and Wichita. Of course, this is only my observation. Whatever Smitty comes up with is good for me.

Bob
heddy

heddy here

Post by heddy »

it isjust a single day 2 rounds at Crestview
discscout

2005 schedule

Post by discscout »

The Colwich tourney should be on Saturday this year instead of Sunday. As for the the Derby course, a bunch of the local players spent the weekend of Dec 11/12 and finished all the chain sawing to get the other nine baskets installed, The only work left to do is chipping up the brush created by all the work and then installing some Harvey baskets. The course will still be rough but look at the difference of the nine that is there and what it was like when we first opened. This course will need to be an early or late due to heavy foilage. I know the local players are excited by what they have seen on the new layout and can hardly wait for the expansion which should occur before the leaves come back.
discscout

Post by discscout »

Here is another suggestion which I made to Scott many years ago. I realize the original goal of the KDGA was to reward the player that participated the most. So if we go on that theory, how can we get more participation. My suggestion was to make regions and have regional champions. A player of course could try to capture more than one regional title but a player that doesn't play much may at least try to make all of the tourneys in their region. People from Nebraska may try to make all the north region if there was one, and Oklahoma the south increasing your reach and possible membership. It may be too late for this year but who knows. Success will depend on the enticements. I really think it could take a lot of planning to do it right. Aces
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Well said Discout. How did this regional idea effect the skins competition? Or was this something entirely different? Sounds like you say: if it was well thought through, there is much potential with incorporating this idea.
kyle

Post by kyle »

The latest changes to the 2005 schedule are up. Here it is
paul

Post by paul »

has ponca offically been moved to the 12th? thanks :)
smitty

Post by smitty »

It hasn't been moved, and I don't know if it will or not. Harv wants a different date then what it has been on for the last 5 years. All the dates that he wanted are full, so his last words to me were "I will think about it".

I would say plan on the 13th like normal.

Also notice that the Winfield event scheduled for July is no longer on the schedule. That opens up a summer date for someone else if they want it.

Smitty
Jon

Post by Jon »

Why isn't the Winfield tourney in the summer going down? I didn't hear anything about it.
smitty

Post by smitty »

I guess we will have to start talking a little louder. :D

Smitty
smitty

Post by smitty »

March 12th and 13th World Doubles.

Darn I guess I might miss the Winfield and Ponca events.

Smitty
Last edited by smitty on Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zollmanator

Post by zollmanator »

Jon, how can you here anything when your not on the course, you do still play ,dont ya!

We have had a few leagues in the last week or two. :lol:
Never, under any circunstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxitive the same night.
paul

Post by paul »

smitty wrote:March 12th and 13th World Doubles.

Darn I guess I will might miss the Winfield and Ponca events.

Smitty
i think Ron and Big Jim may be going as well.
zollmanator

Post by zollmanator »

Hey! does anybody have anything going on this coming weekend (12&13th)?
Never, under any circunstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxitive the same night.