Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

CO Tourneys

Out of date topics will be moved here.
osudash

CO Tourneys

Post by osudash »

I just wanted to extend an invitation to everybody to come play in one of the few tournaments we have left here in CO. I had a great time in Emporia, and would love to return the favor to all of you out there. We have states coming up in a few weeks, at two of the best non-mountain courses around. Also, after that there will be the Johnny Roberts Memorial on Oct. 14 and 15. This is always a fun tourney, and will fill up. I don't know if either of these conflicts with schedules there, so I apologize if they do. If any of you want to come, let me know, and I'm sure I can set up a place for you to stay.

Dash
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

I've usually been able to get one colorado tourney in a year. I keep getting bombarded with unexpected bills (the repair man for my last one seemed to do a terrible job as my car screwed up again - dunno if he is going to charge for this new repair yet).

Anyways, Johnny Roberts is kinda looking like the one as it is far enough away I can save up some Dough. I'll try to bring some peeps with me.

Any Kansans down? We always get some Coloradoan's down for some of our tournies in past years. Beughttenbaugh's, Disc Diva's, Dash, Pat - But who other than I has supported to the big CO? I say, JOIN ME THIS YEAR!
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

I've been wanting to get out there and play for a long time. Seems like early fall would be the perfect time of year.

Have you played the mountain courses, Dash? I've been wanting the inside scoop on the numberous courses going in. I've heard Frisco is fantastic.

Disc golf on a mountainside in an aspen forest. This just sounds hard to beat.
osudash

Mountains

Post by osudash »

The mountain courses are the best in the state, and some of the best that i have ever played. Frisco is a very tough course, but not too much elevation change. Copper is a really fun course, if you don't mind climbing up and down black diamond runs a few times. I haven't gotten to play Aspen yet, or all of the mountain courses, but I look forward to playing them in the near future. If you are here for a weekend, or just a day, and have some time, they are well worth it.

Just think about a 1000 foot hole that you can drive a putter on....

Hope to see some of you here soon.

Dash
McCabe
Regional Rep

Post by McCabe »

I plan on going to the CO. State Champs.
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

Eric, If you want someone to split gas with fill me in, I'll see if I can work this out. It might be on the same date as Octoberfest, so I need to see if I can get this off.
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
McCabe
Regional Rep

Post by McCabe »

Sounds good TRude
BlazinPat

Sweetness

Post by BlazinPat »

Dude you gotta make it down, these two courses are pretty sweet. Widefield Has a lot of big trees but plenty of routes. There's also a small stream that runs along the whole course. Pretty cool course. And then you have pueblo which i think you guys would love. It's a beautiful technical course. And you got to have about every shot in the bag for this course. Tracy's played it, it's pretty sweet. And if it's any incentive, im guessing first place in Open is gonna be close to $1500. last year was like $1350. Anyways it's a blast. And I might be able to let a few people stay at my Mom's place which is just north of CO Springs. About 30 min from Widefiled and and 55min to Pueblo. Anyways this tournament is my favorite of the year so you guys need to get your arses up here. If you go to www.milehighdiscgolf.org and click on the photos section and browse through the earlier pics they have a bunch of pics from pueblo and some from widefield. You can also go here. These pics are actaully a lil better.

http://coloradodisc.com/04states1.htm
The really green course is Pueblo.
Pat Blazek #25325
BlazinPat

CO States Dates

Post by BlazinPat »

O Yeah the Dates of States are like 2 and a half weeks away. Sept30-Oct1. Last A-tier event in CO
To Regester go here
www.hcdiscgolf.com

Pro - $110

Advanced - $70

Intermediate - $55

Recreational - $45

Juniors - $35

Johnny Roberts is Two weekends later. Another Great tourny B-tier in Arvada, CO (suburb of Denver) two Different Courses.
http://www.milehighdiscgolf.org/06events/johnny.php
Pat Blazek #25325
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

It seems States is on the same weekend as Octoberfest and the boss man isn't letting anyone off for that.

I should be able to swing Johnny roberts though.
osudash

CO States

Post by osudash »

Just to let everybody know, registration for states is closing on midnight of Sept. 27th. Hope to see some of you there.

Dash