Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Ice Bowls

Out of date topics will be moved here.
Sandman

Ice Bowls

Post by Sandman »

Looks like Hays and Ellis will both have Ice bowls this year!!! I talked to Skyler today and we are going take the weekend of Feb 5 and 6 or 12 and 13 we dont know as of yet but Skyler is supposed to get back to me by this weekend to let me know which would work best for him. More than likely it will be the 5-6 with Hays on saturday Ellis on sun. Lets hope for less snow than last year.

He also told me some bad news. Most of you havent seen the new holes in Ellis and you never will b/c some beavers wipped the place out! THOSE DAMN BEAVERS! Look out for Arbor day you fricken Beavs...............
Eaglehigh99

Wichita Ice Bowl

Post by Eaglehigh99 »

The Wichita Ice Bowl will be the Sunday before the SuperBowl. That's 1/30/05. It will be held to benefit the Kansas Foodbank Warehouse.

Trying to get the Park Villa building so we can have a place to get warm if necessary.

Question: :?: We raised a lot of extra money :shock: for the foodbank selling mulligans last year even though we limited the number of mulligans someone could buy. We had a suggestion to allow a second round of mulligan sales at lunch and increasing the limit. What are your helpful thoughts on this idea. :D
smitty

Post by smitty »

Bob-

3 cans of food for each mulligan or 3 cans of food for to a shave a stroke.

Smitty
smitty

Post by smitty »

I tried to split this into 2 seperate threads.

I think that Pratt is on the 15th of Jan.

Smitty
kennyt

Post by kennyt »

that is correct Smitty. :D

Pratt will have our 3rd Ice Bowl at Lemon Park on January 15th. There will be a 18 hole layout this year providing enough baskets make it here. I have 10-12 so 8 more are needed. If you can bring yours let me know. :mrgreen: :wink:

pro/am doubles(best shot)
$15/head($5+ will go to charity)
first 50 players will recieve either a disc or mini.
charity is the local food bank so bring something for that too.
CTP's

Directions:

Hyw 54: west of Main St 3blks, look for Lemon Park signs(brown) and go south all the way to the park.
Hyw281: go So. all the way across the south tracks and go East to the park.

Not sure, but if my wife is in a good mood, there could be some homemade cinnaman rolls in this.
"Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." -- President George Washington, 1753
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Looks like were gonna shoot for the 12 and 13 of Feb. B/c the Super Bowl is the weekend of the 5-6 sorry for the confusion but some people like to be at home to watch the game with thier buds.
paul

Post by paul »

will any of these events be PDGA sanctioned?
Eaglehigh99

Ice Bowls PDGA sanctioned

Post by Eaglehigh99 »

Paul:

Ice Bowls are almost never PDGA sanctioned.

They are a series of nationwide events held to benefit local charities and to promote the community benefits of having disc golf courses. 8)

There are many different formats held across the country with the idea of having fun with some "friendly" competition while achieving the stated goal. Some east coast events are trying to raise as much as $10,000 this year through matching sponsorships. I don't remember what the nationwide goal is this year.

Hope to see you at several of the Ice Bowls.

Bob
Mace Man

Post by Mace Man »

I will be having the Salina Ice Bowl on Sunday Feb 20, 2005 at Lakewook Park. I will have more info when it is closer.
Last edited by Mace Man on Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Mace Man wrote:I will be having the Salina Ice Bowl on Sunday Feb 20, 2005 at Lakewook Park. I will have more info when it is closer.
I think Mace is going to change this to the 20th.

Smitty
smitty

Post by smitty »

Winfield will be on Jan 9.

The course is still up in the air.

Format will be random doubles with a few added twists.

Smitty
smitty

Post by smitty »

The Winfield Ice bowl is going to go down at the original SWC course. After some discussion at League today this is what we came up with.

We are going to use a coupon book idea. Each team will get 1 coupon book to be used the entire day.

1) Trade lies with the other team.

2) Pick the discs the other team throws. Used before the shot

3) Make the other team redo a shot.

4) Free mulligan used by both people on your team.

5) Metal counts as a make.

We are going to try and come up with some other coupons.

We are also thinking of having unlimited mulligans that cost 5 cans of food each.

I would like to have a CTP on each hole. With 2 pads/hole and 2 rounds of golf, that gives you a ton of chances to win a prize. Several Winfield golfers have said that they would donate some prizes. Anyone else who wants to donate prizes would be greatly appreciated.

Since the goal is to have fun and help out other people the cost and payout will both be low. We are looking at $10.00/ person with $5.00 going to the payout and the other $5.00 will be used to buy more food for the foodbank.

I like the idea of picking a random order of finish for the payout. Draw #'s out of a hat. For example 3rd place gets 1st place cash, and 1st place gets no cash. This would be Random and not drawn until the award ceremony.

Hit us with some more ideas and tell us what you think.

Smitty
smitty

Post by smitty »

This may make it easier to see the schedule for all the KS Ice Bowls.

Jan 9 - Winfield (Radom Doubles at old college)

Jan 15 - Pratt (Pro Am doubles at Lemon Park)

Jan 30 - Wichita (Oak Park)

Feb 12 - Hays (Doubles when I have played it)

Feb 13 - Ellis (Singles the time I played it)

Feb 20 - Salina (Singles in the past)
heddy

Post by heddy »

Topekas ice bowl is the saturday before the ice bowl at jimbos farm
Mace Man

Post by Mace Man »

heddy what are the date to the ice bowls?