Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Wellington hole 16

Out of date topics will be moved here.

Do you remember Hole 16, do you think it would be benefical for that hole to be changed?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:23 pm

Yes, it would raise the appeal of the coarse.
69%
Yes, just because it is short.
No votes
Don't have an opinion.
15%
No, it is great the way it is.
15%
No, it would not raise the appeal of the coarse.
No votes

Total votes: 13

Samson

Wellington hole 16

Post by Samson »

This would be for anyone that has played the Woods Park Coarse in Wellington.
$c0oBa

Post by $c0oBa »

That's the shorty isn't it? if so I'd have to say everyone deserves a ace.
Samson

Post by Samson »

Yes, that is the hole that is 168 feet, with nothing but air inbetween you and the basket.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Keep it if you like par 2's.

The problem with par 2 holes is that they can't be eagled. An ace is just a birdie, and even that doesn't happen very often.

With such a lack of scoring variety, it is almost as if the hole doesn't exist. I suppose it does give those unfortunate people who happen to get a 3 the chance to hate themselves eternally.... (That is usually me. I took 5's on the 2 ace runs at the Rock. At least those holes have character and a real chance for 3's or 4's.)
Last edited by Schoen-hopper on Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
opie

Post by opie »

It should be changed because:

1)The rest of the course is pretty good.

2)Hole 16 is memorable, but not for good reasons.

3)There is room in the area to improve the hole.

4)Everyone deserves an ace but there are other holes on the course that are reachable.

5)It could be done with minimal effort from the parks department.

6)All of the locals I have talked to (except 2) like the proposed change.

Why would you want to retain a hole that has no appeal or challenge to it?
My people skills are just fine, it's my tolerance for idiots that need work.
Samson

Post by Samson »

I hope a bunch of players come out tonight and try the proposed change for the last holes in Wellington.
Master Dyck

Post by Master Dyck »

Not sure I can make it but what time and simple directions Please!
Samson

Post by Samson »

We try to get everyone there at 6, usually start about 6:15.

The simple directions: From the South North or East when you see Highway 160 follow it to the west through Wellington until you get to the stop light by Dillons. Take a left at the light, when you stop at the stop sign drive forward and you will see the road Y to the right. Take the right and follow the road under the Railroad bridge. You will see hole 4 as soon as you go under the bridge.

From the west on 160: After passing WalMart and Dillons turn right at the light and follow directions above.
Samson

Post by Samson »

I am going to be asking if some people want to play Saturday or Sunday afternoon. We are going to start a singles league.
$c0oBa

Post by $c0oBa »

You guy's are more than welcome to load up and swing up to Wichita for DUB's on Sunday. $4 entry $3 to payout $1 to the Ace fund. 4:30pm
Master Dyck

Post by Master Dyck »

I just got back from playing Wellington and here's my oppinion on Hole #16. I like the new pin placement except for the marsh and water. And then having to play back over the same marsh to basket #17. If it's going to stay that wet a majority of the year my oppinion is to move 16 basket a little longer and to the left just past that tree. Put the tree and the road as much as possible into play thus making the basket a tad harder to run for the ace. I know that the City will not let you get too close to the road but you can still make it a little tougher and not bring all that water into play. Otherwise, it's a sweet course. It will be a lot better when it dries out a bit or you get concrete tees. Some of the tees were a little slippery. I enjoyed playing with Josh Case. He's a great partner.
Dyck