Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Most memorable experience at "The Rock"!!!

Out of date topics will be moved here.
Master Dyck

Most memorable experience at "The Rock"!!!

Post by Master Dyck »

I need a couple of quotes for a project that I'm doing.
What was your most memorable experience at "The Rock" Tournament?
Please sign your name to the quote.
Thanks for all your help
Dyck
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

Rodney hitting the ace on 2 because he was talking to himself (as usual), asking what disc to pick. I was actually hoping he would pick a mid range or driver! He went with the putter... :P

Also, Randy hitting the ace on 18! Sweet buzz shot straight at it!
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

Watching a putt fly over the head of the person who threw it and landing 150 feet away!

Tyler Smith
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

Standing at tee box 15 while Salada teed 14 and seeing his Purple Z Disc come flying right at us! Thinking it would skip my right I just stayed there but it hit those pipes and wized by me at like 90 mph, neck high! Missed me by two feet! Close one for dm4! It was a bit windy!!!
beisner

Post by beisner »

Jumping the creek on 16 was fun.
/-=\_29151~-^\_
Master Dyck

Post by Master Dyck »

My second day at the Rock went from good to great. Started the day on #14 (the island) par, #18 - my Roc flew right past the basket (near miss), #5 I threw my Star T-Rex and face-masked the basket on the fly, # 8 I threw my roc on a blind shot around the back of the big evergreen for a 130 foot par. Then in the second round I aced #2. I went from 6th place to third and only one stroke out of 2nd in one day. Quite memorable for me.
McCabe
Regional Rep

Post by McCabe »

"I wish I was there"

-Eric
Samson

Post by Samson »

Standing in the trail around the lake about 10 feet away from the tee for hole 2 and watching a disc Rodney threw maek a peferct line to the basket.

Bryan Tracy
smitty

Post by smitty »

Unfortunately my memory from the Rock will not be a good one. We were sitting on the tee for hole 15, and WHAMO! Randy Brown was drilled in the back of the head with a drive from the top of the cliff. It was probably the scariest thing I have witnessed on a disc golf course. An inch higher or lower and we could of had a big time problem. The disc hit directly on the clasp of his hat. That is all that saved him from several stitches.
disc golf superhero

Post by disc golf superhero »

Ouch. Hadn't heard about Randy yet. Reminds me of a time several years ago when a poor Asian spectator had the same experience.
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

Just remembered, when the basket was under the ledge on hole #2, I landed on top of the ledge, on the north edge! yuch! Got up there and did not know what to do, so I laid down nex to my marker, and hung over as far as I could. I could see the basket! Flicked my putter right in! :)
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

That's crazy, Don! :D
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

I did not think it would work, then I am inching my way out there, and start thinking it may work. Then I look down and I am only about 10 or 15 feet from the basket, and I know it will work! Yes Mike, it was crazy! And fun!!!!! :)