Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Tournament Selection

Out of date topics will be moved here.
Ruder

Tournament Selection

Post by Ruder »

I have to choose the tournaments I play in the next 2 1/2 months wisely. I am looking for input on which tournaments are a must, in and outside of Kansas. As much as I would like to go to ZBoaz it doesn't look like I'll be able to make it since the AM date is too close.

So if your town is hosting a tournament convince me why I should go to it and not the tourney the weekend after. :)
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
McCabe
Regional Rep

Post by McCabe »

Go to Ceader Hill TX. the week after ZBoaz!
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

Not another picture of Kevin... :D
smitty

Post by smitty »

I am glad to see that Kev's knee is feeling better.

Smitty
smitty

Post by smitty »

You need to come to Ransom and DC. They are both in Western Kansas. Ransom is only 45 minutes from home and DC is about 90 minutes. If all goes well both will be PDGA C-tier events.

Ransom will be the normal 18 hole set up. With the temp. holes in the church and the high school. It has one of the best tunnel shots in the state, and the long and skinny is always fun. It may even be more skinny this year. Not to mention PIMPIN DA HOLES discs.

At DC we will play the normal 9 holes plus the alts. Last year we played a 12 hole layout. Basically we added 3 birdies to the course. I don't remember if you played in DC or not last year. I think you may have done the ACE RACE 2 years ago. I am thinking about breaking out the string and making it the DC GOLD course the second round. That would add lots of trouble and make the course play a ton harder.

Smitty
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

Yes I did play the DC ace race 2 years ago.

Man, that course would be super hard with some rope on it! Arent the fences enough!?!

I'll add that on the stop though.

As for cedar hill, I'm definately going to have to look into that. Those pictures are sweet and it looks like nothing but trouble. Good date too.
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
McCabe
Regional Rep

Post by McCabe »

If you can make to Ceader Hill I would go!!!! Its going to be a good time..
Leo D.

Post by Leo D. »

and not to mention that you will probally be playing in a tee shirt!!!
McCabe
Regional Rep

Post by McCabe »

Bring on the 70s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

When Is everyone heading down to Texas?

Is this a Pro/Am event?
Mace Man

Post by Mace Man »

Tracy I am going Friday after work. It is a pro/am event. You can click the link on http://www.maceman.com for pricing info. Also we are getting the INNcolor discs for the events only 75 of each model are available. Also tournament Hats and Dri-Fit shirts are also available. Contact me if anyone is interested.