Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Golf

Out of date topics will be moved here.
Sandman

Golf

Post by Sandman »

Looks like your buddy Rod is doing good this weekend Eric. Tied for fifth in a pack that includes Woody Austin a Derby local.
McCabe
Regional Rep

Post by McCabe »

Not to mention he tied for 5th at the Masters last weekend!
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Looks like he pulled thru......

Woody on the other hand faultered.
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

I Hit the driving range yesterday at "Tee Em Up" they have some sweet azz simulators that show everything and I mean everything. It takes a picture of your clubhead at impact to tell you whats going on with your swing. Club head speed, ball speed, you name it it will tell you. Anyway I broke out a what I thought was a very nice 350cc ping driver of mine and hit about ten balls on the range with it then started puting some heat on my swing and like two balls later I made sweet azz contact and then my club got really light at my backswing and the clubhead went a flying. Such bullsheit...... dont buy ping drivers they SUCK!!! Good thing tho I might get the shaft replaced for free all I gotta do is pay the shipping but ping still sucks!!! To top things off the guy at the shop says " Ive seen a few of these do this....never been a fan of ping drivers" Thanks dude!!!!
cottenokie

Post by cottenokie »

I seen a guy do a Happy Gilmore approach on a Tee over in Pittsburg, with a brand new big bertha. Neadless to say the clud head went about 50 yards down the fairway and the ball went 20' and to the right.
BOOMER SOONER!!
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

What did he do smoke the ground??? Thats pretty stupid......

Lesson learned:dont gamble on used drivers or ping drivers
cottenokie

Post by cottenokie »

Best we could tell he hit the ground just before the tee. Not much of a divit. But it was pretty cool to see.
BOOMER SOONER!!
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Yeah I bet it was funny for you........ but not him. I bet he felt pretty dumb and pissed.

Thats probably what some jackass did to this club.
cottenokie

Post by cottenokie »

He laughed it off and didn't seem to think twice about it. Of course we were in the ladder stages of getting ripped.
BOOMER SOONER!!
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Yeah he must have been loaded man I would have pissed.
Sandman

US Open

Post by Sandman »

Rod had a tough day today Eric...... he shot 80. JL aint doing too bad he's sittin at +3. Those morning tee times looked like they helped out for a few. I'm gonna have to root for Phil, Sergio and Toms any one of those guys win and I'll be happy.

That course is playing ridiculous!!! Pretty nice to see everyone so close to par.
McCabe
Regional Rep

Post by McCabe »

Yea...Rod got ate up today. I would love to see JL in top 5 finish..he is at +5 now. I think I'm cheering for good ole Furyk, or Goosen to win!!
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Damn!!!!!!Toms WAS leading until the last two holes........double then a triple that poor guy. To bad lefty blew up I think his chances are pretty much shot now unless he can bust out two 3 unders or so......
Sergio is looking good. Man nothing rattles the Goose that guy has had the same expression on his face for two days now.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the winner is gonna be 2 or 3 over.
SmoothDrawOS

Post by SmoothDrawOS »

uh oh... Tiger's on a roll...

Sandman - Looks like you might be on with your 2 - 3 over par win.
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Yeah I thought he was gonna win another one!!! Poor Goosen man I feel for that guy

I figured 2-3 over would have won that thing the way that course was playing. Man i heard it was good stuff to watch on sunday wish I wouldnt have missed it........