Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Wellington

Out of date topics will be moved here.
opie

Post by opie »

The baskets went in yesterday afternoon.They did not have all the baskets in before there was someone out there playing.
I will be out there at 12:30ish tomorrow afternoon.
My people skills are just fine, it's my tolerance for idiots that need work.
DiscGolfKid

Post by DiscGolfKid »

That is a nice course.
smitty

Post by smitty »

The parks department messed up in a few places. So we had to move a few things.

I don't think the course is world class, but I do think it is above average. The biggest problem is that the park is big, but it has a lot of dead space. Places that have few if any trees.

I know of atleast 10 discs that went bye bye today, 2 of them made it back, a third was visable, and the rest are history.

Changes we made today:
#1 we moved the tee closer to the river. The straight shot is the best route. You can throw a hyzer, but it will be low and under a tree brach.

#2 Same

#3 Same

#4 Same This is one of the scew ups. The basket should have been about 30 feet closer to the tracks.

#5 We put out a flag for the tee. This will be a tough hole.

#6 We plan on moving the tee back.

#7 Same, I think it is a pretty cool hole. The straight route is kick butt, and probably the only way to get a 2.

#8 Same, Long open bomb. You aren't going to have a putt for a 2.

#9 Same, not as EZ of a bird as I thought. It is one that you better get in a tourney.

#10 The tee is just across the street. This basket was going to be a lot closer to the road. The hyzer route is tougher now. The anhyzer is probably the shot on a calm day.

#11 Watched it eat 2 discs 2day. This hole was going to be about 200 feet longer. The road and the boat ramp took care of that idea.

#12 Same, not and EZ hole. I have a feeling that a few discs are going to a wet grave here.

#13 Same, I think it is a good hole. The straight shot should get you down there. If you have a bomb, you can get a putt with a hyzer right or left handed.

#14 Same, should be a pretty simple 2.

#15 The tee was in the wrong place. It is now closer to the road, and you have to throw under a branch, that is about 60 feet from the pad. The hole is probably 100 feet longer now.

#16 This is the park directors hole. It was not good at all, the tee was in the landing zone for hole 15. We changed it to be safer. It is probably 150 feet now. It should be the most aced hole of the course. The tee is just on the other side of the cedar behind the basket.

#17 Same

#18 The tee has been moved back. The basket was put in the ground about 150 feet from where the flag was. I don't know why it was moved.

Logan and I shot -7 today, and only missed 1 of the must gets (water shot). We did hit a couple of long putts.

The greens are pretty tough. There is a good chance that a missed putt can give you a bonus stoke. Either a roll or a skip off the top will end up in the water (1, 2, 3, 11, 12)

There should be some trees planted in the future. The city was given some money to better the park. I would like to see several trees planted between holes 7 and 8. Something that will tighten the left side of the fairway on 7 up a little. It would also give some protection from bad shots on 8. I think a few trees added to 16 is a must. A couple of pines about half way down the fairway would be nice.
DiscGolfKid

Post by DiscGolfKid »

My uncle JC hit the first ace (or what I believe to be the first ace) at the new Wellington course. Hole #3. 167 blue pred. Hyzer over the pond outside the telephone pole and the albino bat house. All chains. There was no way that thing was coming outta the bucket. I gave him a 169 Hays stamped Pred and a 172 Turkey Shoot Buzz for his ace. I also signed his magical Pred. If he doesn't hang that sucker on the wall he is crazy. Good job JC the stud!
smitty

Post by smitty »

Sweet!!!!

The course is ACED in less then a week. Those baskets catch like a mother trucker.

What did you guys shoot for scores?
DiscGolfKid

Post by DiscGolfKid »

He shot a +5 and a +6
I shot a +7 both rounds.
paul

Post by paul »

smitty wrote:

Those baskets catch like a mother trucker.

smitty, are they the same as the ones at the Kaw City course? those are nice.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Innova Discatchers, the baskets with the yellow band. They will spoil you, that is fur sure.
JC

Post by JC »

I thought it was a really fun course. #16 is pretty weak but other that it's good. I'll not soon forget my first drive on hole #3 :shock: .
smitty

Post by smitty »

Was that your first ace?
JC

Post by JC »

Second. This one was much prettier though.
smitty

Post by smitty »

I am sure, that is a cool hole.

I don't know what we are going to do wiht 16? It is a very poor hole!

I guess it will be an ACE run for everyone. A few well placed trees, could help it out.
DiscGolfKid

Post by DiscGolfKid »

JC wrote:I'll not soon forget my first drive on hole #3 :shock: .
I won't either. 8)
paul

Post by paul »

smitty wrote: I don't know what we are going to do wiht 16? It is a very poor hole!
mandatory opposite hand roller! :lol:
smitty

Post by smitty »

I am thinking that some bushes planted in a circle would make a nice island. If you don't land in the circle, you are OB.

That would help it out.