Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Wellington MINI This Monday the 18th!

Out of date topics will be moved here.
smitty

Wellington MINI This Monday the 18th!

Post by smitty »

The Wellington Parks department is going to be touring all of their parks this Monday. I think that this would be a great chance to show them the number of people that a golf course could bring to their town.

If you aren't doing anything, try to make it down.

Time 6:00 PM start (If you show up a little late, you can jump in and get going)
Cost $10.00
Format 1 round of 20 holes
Divisions
Open
Masters
Advanced
Am
Women
Jr

Bring a buddy and come to Wellington. I think that it would be huge if we had 30 people playing golf in their park when they came around.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

I'll be there as long as I don't forget.

Post by 2 »

I'm thinking 10 might be to steep for some people, drop it to 5 and alot more might show.. broke dick dog :(
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Directions to course?

Post by 2 »

It's SE of the ball golf course..
smitty

Post by smitty »

Jack-

I will spot you five if you need me to. After you win Masters, you can give me back my $$$$ :lol: :lol:

It is going to stay at $10.00

100% pay back in all divisions.

Mike-

If I give you directions and you don't show up, this will be the last time I ever reply to one of your questions. You always ask me something and then never show up. :D

Go to the Dillons on the main road that runs East and West in town. Turn South at the dillions, drive past the pool, and vere right. Go under the R.R. Tracks and you are there.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Thanks!

Post by 2 »

10 is fine with me, I was just thinking about some of the guys around here.. I will tell as many people as I can, thanks though :D :D :D
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

:? I dont like the idea of charging money if the park board is going to be out there .. unless you plan on giving all the money earned to help pay for the course I have been trying to get set up out there. While I'm on the subject smitty who made you TD out here in wellington when you have not done any of the leg work? I ask for your input and some help not for you to take over and run things. I planed for a course to get put in wellington for the kids and to get locals interested. Not to set up a pro course for the long armed pros to take over and get money hungry and charge 5-10 bucks every time you play. put some money into the course not your pockets.
Chain smoker
paul

Post by paul »

WOAH!!! looks like you dont know WTF you are talking about! :lol: its called a LEAGUE ! :oops: 8)
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

disclizard wrote::? I dont like the idea of charging money if the park board is going to be out there .. unless you plan on giving all the money earned to help pay for the course I have been trying to get set up out there. While I'm on the subject smitty who made you TD out here in wellington when you have not done any of the leg work? I ask for your input and some help not for you to take over and run things. I planed for a course to get put in wellington for the kids and to get locals interested. Not to set up a pro course for the long armed pros to take over and get money hungry and charge 5-10 bucks every time you play. put some money into the course not your pockets.
I think you should check your facts.

Smitty is honest.
Smitty will not take anyones money.
dm4 is not sure how this small tourney will work, but no one is going to get ripped off.
Disc golf courses are “pro courses for long armed pros”. Everyone else (myself included) has to deal with that.
Kids will love playing on a “pro courses for long armed pros”.
You should talk to Smitty before you make wild accusations that are not true!
str8

Post by str8 »

Well spoken Don!

If you're going to attack someone's credibility, it'd be best for you to understand Ed Headrick's intentions when he invented/promoted the sport and the PDGA. Do the words "non-profit" come to mind when you think of the NBA, PGA, NFL, NHL, LPGA or WNBA? I bet not. The PDGA on the otherhand is a non-profit organization owned and operated by the members.

Do we pay membership dues anually and entry fees at tournaments? Yes. Do we know where our membership money goes? Yes. Do we know where our entry fees go? Yes. Do we want to win the money? Yes, that's why we play. We love our sport and the people who play and promote it. Most people on this forum enjoy paying $5-10 for a competitive round of golf; otherwise, we're playing for bragging rights, and that can get boring.

Promoting our sport is a team effort, not one individuals. Smitty has earned his credibility in the Kansas Disc Golf community because of all the work he has done. As for you, you've damaged your own credibility with the remarks you've made. Perhaps you have done the leg work for this course in Wellington and deserve props for your efforts. But attacking Smitty on an open forum like this makes me realize why the reporter quoted Smitty and not you. If your passion for disc golf is to feed your head not your heart, then your doing it for the wrong reasons.

It is common for disc golfers to quarrel and make amends, I hope you do the same with Smitty. He's a DAMN good guy and without his knowledge and input, where would you truly be with this course right now?

Brett E. Straight
smitty

Post by smitty »

I don't want to take over. I want to get a "Championship" style course installed.

Like I told you last time. I am a pretty good resourse.

People are going to be driving up to an hour and maybe beyond to play a little event. If they come and play well, they have gas and food money to get home.

I am sorry if I am stepping on your feet here.

Let me know if you want to have a free event, and I will not drive 60 miles with 9 baskets.
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Disclizard--- Let's say that this "pro course for long-armed pros" gets put in the ground and is great for the community.......

Then maybe just maybe and I mean MAYBE you can persuade the parks dept. to install ANOTHER COURSE IN ANOTHER PARK that is for the kids and you and whoever else in your town that picks up a disc!!!

Guess what??? You would then have two disc golf courses in little ol' Wellington. How does that sound buddy??? Jus something to think about...........
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

str8- Nicely done!

Sandman- You know what you are talkin about! I have seen places like that, just can't remember where... Oh, sure, HAYS!