Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

05 Worlds

Out of date topics will be moved here.
Fagan

05 Worlds

Post by Fagan »

It’s creeping up on us, 05 Worlds. I just wanted to see what Ks pros plan on going Allentown and representing. Good luck to all that are making the trip.

T-O-Double
Jon

Post by Jon »

I got my invite, but I will not be able to make it.

I don't think there are many going from KS.
Eaglehigh99

Post by Eaglehigh99 »

Won't be going to Allentown. Still not good enough to play pro. :lol:

Will be going to AM Worlds in Flagstaff though. 8)
Eaglehigh99

Post by Eaglehigh99 »

ONLY 3 DAYS UNTIL I LEAVE FOR AM WORLDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

YYAAAHHOOOO!!!!!!! :D
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

Good luck Bob!
Fagan

Post by Fagan »

Good Luck, drink lots of water.
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

Here are a few more tips... :D

Arrive at least 24 hours before you play (altitude), get lot's of sleep (don't stay up all night partying), eat healthy (leave the ding dongs and twinkies at home), have an extra pair of shoes, watch out for tics, remember to bring light plastic, don't overthrow the downhill shots, don't worry about all those people, bring rain gear cause it will rain, first aid kits can save you some pain, don't stray from the course you might get lost, be prepaired (you know that cause you were/are a boyscout), look both ways before crossing the street, don't take any wooden nickels, don't mess with the cops; when they pull you over say “yes sir” (mam if it is a woman) or “no sir” (only say “no sir” to questions like “you from around heya boy?”), keep your head up no matter what (you represent Kansas), American Express Travelers checks are a good idea when traveling; “don’t leave home without um”, buckle up!, there are no dumb questions; ask a lot of them at the players meeting, a sure way to beat a few extra guys is to talk a lot about accounting techniques, bring lots of extra money to the fly mart so you can buy gifts for those of us who were invited to the tourney but could not go, put some money aside incase you lose it all at the poker table and need gas money for on the way home, if someone has a gun and they want your wallet give it to them (nobody but superman is faster than a bullet), travel in groups for safety, cold is closest (righty tighty, lefty loosy), a penney saved is a penny earned, don't spend it all in one place, "you can do it!", "Just do it!", "Be all that you can be", "Be a Pepper", don't just lay up, pack more clothes than you think, change your socks often, stay in a hotel with a pool and hot tub, don't watch tv all night long, stay away from 3 card monte, if a guy comes up with a knife or a gun and says "free jack" give him your money, take in some sights, read the local paper, take a trip to the Grand Canyon (who knows when you will be back), "live long and prosper", "use the force", oh, one more thing, have fun!
Eaglehigh99

Post by Eaglehigh99 »

Thanks for all of the advice. :lol:

This is my 3rd World's in 3 years. 8) I'm actually in last year's video! :shock: (or so I've been told).

Plan on having fun. 8) I'm ranked about 20th again; so my goal is to try to make the top 16 and semi-finals like I did last year. :shock: But, with the altitude disadvantage, who knows. :wink: What ever the case, I'll have fun. :D

Plan on getting to the Grand Canyon for one day. :D

See you all when we get back. :lol:
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Great advice Don! Do well Bob!