Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

2007 KC Wide Open

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

Oh yeah, I forgot that. Ok, thanks Leo! 8)
JAKE N

Post by JAKE N »

Smitty you are still the MAN!!!you old TRAMP CHAMP you!!!! :D :D :D
smitty

Post by smitty »

JAKE N wrote:Smitty you are still the MAN!!!you old TRAMP CHAMP you!!!! :D :D :D

The Tramp Champ is the only thing that went right after Friday.
disc golf superhero

Post by disc golf superhero »

smitty wrote:The Tramp Champ is the only thing that went right after Friday.
I take it you never got your $5 out of Climo either? That cheap sonofa......
McCabe
Regional Rep

Post by McCabe »

I would like to give a BIG thanks to Jake, Nasty, Leo, LD, my Parents, McDonalds, Brian the Asian Sensation, 2K, Pironix, and of course Liz, for all there support on Sunday!

Just wait till next years "Tramp Champ" comp. gonna be good times for sure!!!!!!!
scarpfish

Post by scarpfish »

Congrats to Eric, Ron, and Liz on the big finishes (and the rest of you too).

Had fun spectating on Sunday. Drove in from Topeka and got to Swope at 12:55 just in time to watch the women's lead card tee off so I got to see the whole thing. Kyle Crabtree just shot a killer round to take the win.

Hit Water Works on the way out of town and played as many holes as I could before heading up here to Des Moines. It looked rather scruffy mowing wise considering a tournament round had taken place earlier that day.
:?
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

I found this on the iowa website.

This morning, DGTV had 3 cameras going and shot a Match play DVD @ WaterWorks. Climo, McCabe, Avery and Brinster... played 6-6-6 hole match play format, where you play everybody for 6 holes in a one rounder. New faces and New Names are helping changing the way DG is brought to you!

How'd it go?
McCabe
Regional Rep

Post by McCabe »

It went well! It was good times! Barry and Billy Crump did the commentary. I'm not sure when the DVD is coming out, but please be sure and buy one..the more he sells the more money the players make..and it's only going to cost $10.
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

It sounded like a pretty cool idea. They interviewed Crump on dgtv and he talked about it some. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

http://discgolftv.com/dgtv/228/1/2
Nivek9

Post by Nivek9 »

MOthrows wrote:This morning, DGTV had 3 cameras going and shot a Match play DVD @ WaterWorks. Climo, McCabe, Avery and Brinster...
So this match was filmed on Monday at Water Works, is that right?

If that's the case I hope the course doesn't come off looking too shaggy. It needed another mow right before the tourney in my opinion. Rosedale, WyCo, Swope and Blue Valley got fresh mows in the days before but WW was the previous week and we got some rain. Wyco was given a two stage mow the day before and was looking great.

I'm looking forward to seeing this video. Sounds like an interesting format and a great card to watch play.

Congratulations to Eric, Ron and all the KDGA disc golfers that came to KC for the Wide Open and played no matter how you finished up. It was a fun event. Thanks for coming to KC to help make it so!
Eschew Obfuscation

Post by 2K »

I had a great time following Eric and Smitty. Smitty had a couple of rough holes in a row, but persevered and finished strong. I saw some great shots from E-Mac's group............and one NOT SO GOOD one that will stick with me for a LONG time :shock: :wink:
girlgolfer

Post by girlgolfer »

Where is the love? I thought I played good for being out of the loop for a year. Liz kicked my butt majorly! I think I need some tips. My player rating went down with this this tournament.
Bangrrr

Post by Bangrrr »

Well, I enjoyed my first Wide Open. I played like crap, but still had an enjoyable experience. I had a putt spit wide right with EMac, Jake and Liz and her group watching, needless to say, that set the tone for my round on Sunday :x :cry: :x :cry: Yet I still had a good time. Getting to sit there and watch all the pros play on Sunday was really cool too. I'm definitely looking forward to going back again. Hopefully we can play WYCO next year!!!!!!!!!!!!
Throw some D's on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

MOthrows wrote:I found this on the iowa website.

This morning, DGTV had 3 cameras going and shot a Match play DVD @ WaterWorks. Climo, McCabe, Avery and Brinster... played 6-6-6 hole match play format, where you play everybody for 6 holes in a one rounder. New faces and New Names are helping changing the way DG is brought to you!
I bought the clash at Renny Gold a few weeks back and really enjoyed it. Any word when the clash at waterworks is going to come out?
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Yeah, I wanted to see this one.

I also want to see the Renny Gold course. I've heard it is one of the toughest and best out there, with some ideal and very tricky approaches and greens. Combined with length, I think the SSA was pushing 70.

Has anyone played this course? What is the biggest tournament played there?