Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

24th Annual Frontier Open Sept 6 & 7

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
Nivek9

Post by Nivek9 »

smitty wrote:I understand that is is probably to late to do it this year.

As far as ratings, it wouldn't mess with them at all.
So are you talking about moving this from the 3x24 hole event using the six temp holes it has been to a 4x18 hole event using only the permanent holes and rolling starts on Sunday? Am I understanding your suggestion correctly?

If that's the case, even for next year I vote no, if this a democratic process (which I'm sure it isn't). I think this format has worked really well in getting people on the road home Sunday while still having time for a great player's party Saturday night and not getting started too early on Sunday. Most of the temp holes are fun and challenging and fit in well with the rest of the course. I guess maybe I've just gotten used to it but I've found to be a really fun format and one of the things that draws me to the event.
Eschew Obfuscation
smitty

Post by smitty »

No Kevin, that isn't what I am saying. I don't mind the extra holes that we play.

I would say play the first day the same as always. 2 rounds of however many holes it is 24 or 27.

Then sunday play 1 round of 18, using the best hole for each pin.

Or just leave it the same and do it like you have the last few year. This would be Brett and the Flyin Bisons call. None of us have any say.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Flew over Hays the other day on my way to North Dakota, Frontier Park sure looks different from the air!
str8

Post by str8 »

M@rk @lb3r5 wrote:Thanks str8, can't wait to see everyone and pick up some frontier stamp plastic. I'll probably head thursday night or friday morning.
Later, Mark
Hey Mark, Darell wants to remind that you lost a bet and you need to wear a dress the first round, since you didn't make it last year. Hope you have a pretty dress. If not we can visit Goodwill and find you something. :lol:
Nivek9

Post by Nivek9 »

smitty wrote:No Kevin, that isn't what I am saying. I don't mind the extra holes that we play.

I would say play the first day the same as always. 2 rounds of however many holes it is 24 or 27.

Then sunday play 1 round of 18, using the best hole for each pin.

Or just leave it the same and do it like you have the last few year. This would be Brett and the Flyin Bisons call. None of us have any say.
Now I get it. You're right, it's the Flying Bison crew's call anyway. Either way The Frontier Open rocks and I always look forward to it. See you in Hays!
Eschew Obfuscation
str8

Post by str8 »

M@rk @lb3r5 wrote:
str8 wrote:Hey Mark, Darell wants to remind that you lost a bet and you need to wear a dress the first round, since you didn't make it last year. Hope you have a pretty dress. If not we can visit Goodwill and find you something. :lol:
It was unfortunate that I missed last year but a wager is a wager and I'll pay my debt.
Your a man of honor, CAPTAIN DRUNK!!!
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

M@rk @lb3r5 wrote:
str8 wrote:Hey Mark, Darell wants to remind that you lost a bet and you need to wear a dress the first round, since you didn't make it last year. Hope you have a pretty dress. If not we can visit Goodwill and find you something. :lol:
It was unfortunate that I missed last year but a wager is a wager and I'll pay my debt.
This should be good.

Also Ithought you just meant shotgun start the last round, didnt know you meant cutting the round short.
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
str8

Post by str8 »

Here's a link for those who have pre-registered:

http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tourname ... urnID=8234
str8

Post by str8 »

It appears we will also be able to add at least a $1,000 to the Open divisions.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Any Haytions have floor/couch space for 3 Valley Boys and an Okie?
Bangrrr

Post by Bangrrr »

Anybody got a yard we can put the tent up in??
Throw some D's on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ksuwildcat

GrandMasters division

Post by ksuwildcat »

Will there be an Am GrandMasters division in this tourney? You know, the guys that have the most fun in a tourney.

Are there any other more-than-mature players that plan on showing up?
Later, Ed
str8

Re: GrandMasters division

Post by str8 »

ksuwildcat wrote:Will there be an Am GrandMasters division in this tourney? You know, the guys that have the most fun in a tourney.

Are there any other more-than-mature players that plan on showing up?
Later, Ed
Consider it added as long as it fills. We might not have trophies ready for that division come tourney time, but we can send them afterwards.
str8

Post by str8 »

smitty wrote:Any Haytions have floor/couch space for 3 Valley Boys and an Okie?
Call me and we can talk.
str8

Post by str8 »

Bangrrr wrote:Anybody got a yard we can put the tent up in??
I'll get back with you on that.