Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Little Apple Open Manhattan, KS May 16, 2009 PDGA C-tier

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
JAKE N

Re: Little Apple Open Manhattan, KS May 16, 2009 PDGA C-tier

Post by JAKE N »

i saw a wildcat dye go in the water once...fortunately, smitty made sure we will never have to see it again :lol: :lol: :lol:
tbone

Post by tbone »

Thats freakin awsome kstate is in the drink lol, I can't believe I am actually going to manhattan good thing I am only going to be there for a day
Represent the DOUBLE D'S
PETRIE

Post by PETRIE »

Glad I could liven up the message board a little. I can't wait for tomorrow to get here, with my Willie lost or found (yuk, yuk).

DON'T WORRY, THERE ARE
MORE PURPLE DISCS WHERE
THE FIRST ONE CAME FROM.

BTW, it's 12 hours till we all tee off! See you there & good luck.
Come to Manhattan. Play our courses.

tbone

Post by tbone »

PurpleRick wrote:Glad I could liven up the message board a little. I can't wait for tomorrow to get here, with my Willie lost or found (yuk, yuk).

DON'T WORRY, THERE ARE
MORE PURPLE DISCS WHERE
THE FIRST ONE CAME FROM.

BTW, it's 12 hours till we all tee off! See you there & good luck.
I am sure there is more in the drink
Represent the DOUBLE D'S
Bangrrr

Post by Bangrrr »

I can't believe it's 4am and I have actually been to sleep and I'm awake.....getting ready to head north...
Throw some D's on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bangrrr

Post by Bangrrr »

Just wanted to give a big THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! To Senor and Senora Tyler (and everyone else) for all the hard work today. Had an absoloute blast! Definitely plan to make it back next year!!!!!!!!!!
Big props to Smitty for shreddin' it Pimp Style and Winnin' Open at like -15!
Also have to give a shout out to Nightcrawler for his second place finish in rec, by one stroke, in his first tourney ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Throw some D's on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Does anybody remember Who Thad tied with in ADV Masters? Tom?
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Scores are posted.

http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results? ... creational

I'll have to break all the ties tomorrow, I am going to bed!
PETRIE

Post by PETRIE »

SWEET! THANKS FOR ALL THE HARD WORK. CAN'T WAIT TO BREAK IN MY NEW PLASTIC...
Come to Manhattan. Play our courses.

nightcrawler

Post by nightcrawler »

I want to thank senor for one awesome tournament and muddy for the ride up there and t-bone and muddy for taking their spankings like men.(It was just luck). Looks like I have a new nickname though but I can't wait for the next one. Thanks everyone.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

69 players, that is awesome! Look like SNG really revived this tourney!!
smitty

Post by smitty »

My guess is that Manhattan may have earned super tour status for next year. All depends on the numbers, so we will have to wait and see.

SNG did a great job of promoting this tourney. That is the best way to get people out there. Flyers at the course, and promise and deliver a good payout. Dude drove all the way home, and posted the results. There is a chance that the results could go on the next ratings update.

GREAT JOB!
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

smitty wrote: There is a chance that the results could go on the next ratings update.
The Cut-off for the updates are usually about two weeks prior to the update-date. So the results will probably not make it. :)

Ok, I didn't post all this last night because I was WAAYYY too tired.

I had an absolute blast yesterday! I really never imagined having nearly 70 players show up to this event! In my highest hopes I was thinking 55ish tops! Big thanks to all the players that came out to help make the tournament possible. A very special thank-you to the locals who put time and effort into getting the course ready, and basket reinstalled, specifically Rick Petrie and Thad Pultz. Thad moved all the baskets over lunch without me even having to worry about it!

Calculating the payout without the computer took a little longer than I expected without the computer, but I finished right about in time. Thanks to Smitty for running the best run-for-the-roses in the land, and stalling for me! (Also, a congrats are in order for him as well :))

Having the Double D RV also made things a little easier, so thanks to Rusco for sponsoring the tournament with some tourny supplies!

Maybe next year I will be smart enough to pick a date that isn't graduation weekend. I already have some really good ideas for the tournament. I would also like some of the future tournaments to give a little something back to the course.

Thanks again!
Last edited by mrsenortyler on Sun May 17, 2009 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muddy96

Post by Muddy96 »

SenorTyler,

Thanks for an awsome tourny.....The course was great and the plastic was sweet. Smitty, what can I say......WOW!
Laying up.......That's for chickens!
KevinBabbit

Post by KevinBabbit »

I know I sucked that second round but the ratings for both rounds seem a bit screwed up. Maybe that is just the way it turned out. One thing that gets my head scratching is I can not think of a time when I have seen a stroke worth more than 10 ratings points. Usually it is the opposite once you get several under par. Smitty's rating of 1033 seems about right for the second round (maybe a hair low). Mine, however was a 965 yet Smitty only wasted me by 6 strokes.

It is entirely possible that I underestimated how bad I sucked the second round but I usually have a good feel for what rating it should have been. My guess would have been 985 or so.

Anyway, you might double check everything.

I had a blast. Thank goodness it warmed up a bit for the afternoon round. I hope to be back to get a bit of revenge on that sucka next year.