Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

25th Annual Frontier Open, Sept. 12 and 13

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
Leo D.

Re: 25th Annual Frontier Open, Sept. 12 and 13

Post by Leo D. »

smitty wrote:Me either. :cry:
Whats the dealio? You gonna make it? All i see on the weather channel is how you guys broke records for amounts of rainfall. It's not a biatholon cross country is it? :lol:
smitty

Post by smitty »

I am not going to make it, rain or shine. If the meet gets canceled, I will be going to a wedding in Baldwin.
Boomer9time

Post by Boomer9time »

Mr. TD str8,
The wife and I signed up wednesday and I still not sure if things went through pay pal like it said it did. Will be busy tomorrow and just nervous, as the list is not updated yet. If you could comfirm this for us that would great! The name is Snodgrass, both intermediate players.
Players pack?
thanks for your time!
Jason
kyle

Post by kyle »

Boomer9time wrote:Mr. TD str8,
The wife and I signed up wednesday and I still not sure if things went through pay pal like it said it did. Will be busy tomorrow and just nervous, as the list is not updated yet. If you could comfirm this for us that would great! The name is Snodgrass, both intermediate players.
Players pack?
thanks for your time!
Jason
You and your wife are registered. A short thank you/confirmation email was sent this morning to your PayPal email address.
Scott has just updated the pdga list.
Nivek9

Post by Nivek9 »

jeonlyep wrote:New to disk golf, really new to these forums.

The wife and I were thinking of coming up to Hays to watch parts of the tournament. It might be a stupid question, but is there many that just come to watch?

Also the weather is kind of questionable over the weekend, is this a rain or shine event?

Thanks in advance for any answers given....

Daryl
This particular tourney isn't one that would draw many spectators but there will be a few. However, you are more than welcome to come and watch. There are several perfect spots to set up chairs and watch the action. One of them is right next to a playground if you have kids. There will be at least one or two nationally ranked pros in the open division plus many other talented regional disc golfers to watch. It is definitely rain or shine. It can be postponed for lightning or other extreme weather temporarily but we do play in the rain. Please think dry thoughts..... 8)
Eschew Obfuscation
str8

Post by str8 »

I hope to be leaving Ft. Worth between 8-8:30am, if the trip goes well I should roll in between 4-4:30pm. Can't wait to see all my disc golf peeps! Yall travel safe, and I will see you soon.
smitty

Post by smitty »

kyle wrote:
Boomer9time wrote:Mr. TD str8,
Players pack?
thanks for your time!
Jason
You and your wife are registered. A short thank you/confirmation email was sent this morning to your PayPal email address.
Scott has just updated the pdga list.

KYLE IS DA MAN!
jump_putter

Post by jump_putter »

Never played the course, I"m not leaving till Sat. and will be rushing, what is the best way to get to the course once I get to Hays???
-Ronnie Unruh #20079
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

I am in! Sorry for the late registration. I just got told I could get the weekend off work.

Won't make it up until Saturday morning. Will the pamphlets with the course pin placement, OB, etc be available Saturday, or is that part of the players package?
iqbal

Post by iqbal »

Could someone tell Ruder that he's my doubles partner. I'll be in town around 4. Also tell him to check his PM's. :|
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

jump_putter wrote:Never played the course, I"m not leaving till Sat. and will be rushing, what is the best way to get to the course once I get to Hays???
Your going to like Frontier Park.

Going West, you can get off I-70 at Hwy. 183, which is Vine St., the main drag through Hays. Then you continue all the way through town and the course is about a mile or so West on Bypass 183.

Or you can continue West on I-70 and get off at Hwy 183 Bypass, also going south. This way is about 4 miles longer, but you don't have to drive through town. Probably about the same in time. Course on the North about a mile before you get to Vine St. Maybe 4 miles from I-70.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Let's keep our fingers crossed, I don't want to have to deal with a bunch of rain! Don't forget extra towels just in case :?
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

Schoen-hopper wrote:
jump_putter wrote:Never played the course, I"m not leaving till Sat. and will be rushing, what is the best way to get to the course once I get to Hays???
Your going to like Frontier Park.

Going West, you can get off I-70 at Hwy. 183, which is Vine St., the main drag through Hays. Then you continue all the way through town and the course is about a mile or so West on Bypass 183.

Or you can continue West on I-70 and get off at Hwy 183 Bypass, also going south. This way is about 4 miles longer, but you don't have to drive through town. Probably about the same in time. Course on the North about a mile before you get to Vine St. Maybe 4 miles from I-70.
4 miles longer and 10 minutes quicker.
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
Boomer9time

Post by Boomer9time »

I had same concern, check your email especially if registered online. It will be your first response.
Glad to here you are coming, my first tourney was this summer and I had many of the same thoughts, NO REGRETS ! Always good time, its just disc golf with others!! I think that you will find that people will be helpful and excited with you.
Is the wife coming? The bigger one's like this r definately good for the ladies to start because they get to meet and play against other women!
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Yeah it takes a while to upload the pre-reg It should all be updated tonight.