Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

PIMPIN DA HOLES

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
smitty

PIMPIN DA HOLES

Post by smitty »

The PIMPIN DA HOLES had their first tourney organizational meeting tonight. Looking for some ideas and feedback on the ideas discussed.

1) Playing 3 rounds of 12 holes.
***We would still play the holes that people love in Ransom
-Fairway to Heaven
-Worlds Greatest Tunnel Shot
-Cement Pond
-Long and Skinny
***This would mean getting rid of/altering some of the holes in the normal park.
Holes I would change on the "real course"
1-Normal
2-Normal
3-Normal
4-I would play to 5's basket. This would make it more of a 2 shot hole.
5-Normal Hole 6 (Or I could divide this long hole into 2 holes if need be. (1 hole to 8 then a really short hole to corner)
Then leave and play 4 or 5 holes.
9-Would be the normal short Island Hole
10-Would be Normal hole 10 or we could play to 12's basket (Hyzer over the street)
*****We would have to put the triple mando on this course someplace.

2) Play the normal Ransom 18 hole layout.

3) Only play the "Real Ransom 12 holes"
---I could set up an islands and rope OB. Plus the clowns mouth shot.

4) Several things that have been kicked around.
---Low entry fees $20 each division.
---$5 Ace fund if no ace play several short holes as an Ace Race instead of throwing off.
---$5 Ace fund then just do a single throw off for a couple of places. (Long and skinny?)
---Mulligans? The mulligan money could be added to a doubles payout someplace that evening (Ransom, WaKeeney, Ellis)
---Paid CTP? I would be able to do a ton of CTPS. Maybe 1/card the second round plus several the first round.

Give me some feedback. If you have played in the past your opinions will be evaluated seriously. If this is your first PIMPIN DA HOLES you opinion will be looked at.
Boomer9time

Re: PIMPIN DA HOLES

Post by Boomer9time »

It will be my first! Have no doubts it will be cool no matter.
Will you need extra baskets?
smitty

Post by smitty »

Boomer9time wrote:It will be my first! Have no doubts it will be cool no matter.
Will you need extra baskets?

Extra baskets will be needed.

I will put you on the list, is your wife playing also?

1) Jason Snodgrass (1 basket)
Leo D.

Post by Leo D. »

I believe i'm on 3 Pimpin's. Long Skinny, Tube shot (3 holes before L&S i think) and long hole down the road to the corner before leaving the main park are all a must imo. The rope out there really kicks butt too. Double mando... sweet.
smitty

Post by smitty »

You know those 3 are going to be a must. Tube = "Worlds Greatest Tunnel Shot"

If I do the 3 rounds of 12, everyone would get 3 chances at each hole VS the traditional two.

Playing long and skinny 3 times could cause someone to have a heart attack. :shock:
smitty

Post by smitty »

You know what I really need is a photo tour. Wonder where I could find someone with the know how to do that. I could probably trade a sleeping spot in the AC at the outlaws house for some help.

Hint, Hint, Ryan, Hint, Hint.
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

I kinda like the idea of three rounds of 12. I can't remember what I read but I think option #1 was a good idea. Also the lower entry fee's and ace race throw off are good ideas. I'm trying to get as many people there as I can - I think people would be more inclined to go for lower entry fees. No one ever went to Ransom for the payout, its for the good times.
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

I have 2 baskets -

One of them I'm not sure I have the bolts for, but I just found a bag with a wrench and screws in it so i'll check it out.
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Ruder wrote:No one ever went to Ransom for the payout, its for the good times.

If you have not been there for a Friday night, you are missing out on most of the good times.

Hey Mace, has the knee healed from that last bike wreck?
scott

Post by scott »

playing three rounds of 12 sounds like fun and i got 2 baskets i can bring smitty
smitty

Post by smitty »

Sweet sounds like we are close to having a 12 hole course. Lets figure out the numbers and holes.

1- Normal Hole 1 Maybe move the tee a little so it isn't an easy hyzer down the road. Try to make it more of a shape shot.
2- Normal Hole 2 Long anhyzer that splits the 2 rows of Cedar trees.
3- Normal Hole 3 The tough anhyzer around the drain pond in the middle of the park.
4- Would become a 2 shot hole and the longest hole in Ransom history. Playing to 5's basket. I would try to find a place where you could cut over the pond if you wanted for a short cut. But the preferred shot would be around the pond and then to the pin.
5- Would be normal hole 6, the long hole to the corner.
6- "Fairway to Heaven" From 1 church yard to the other.
7- "Worlds Greatest Tunnel shot"
8- "Triple Mando Of Sorts"
9- Cement Pond except we would play it from the bathrooms over/around the pond.
10-"Long and Skinny"
11- Back to the course for the normal "island hole" normal hole 7
12- Would be the hyzer over the road to the corner next to the playground equipment.
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

Smitty if you post the Pimpin logo I can put together a flier so I can throw it up at the golf course. Also, the prices for divisions and all the info once you figure it out.

also, Fairway to Heaven
smitty

Post by smitty »

Ruder wrote:also, Fairway to Heaven

Sometimes the fingers don't type what the brain is thinking.

Here you go Ruder

I will not be doing any discs or shirts this year. It limits the molds that I can get. There will be tons of plastic there, I have a couple of pretty good hook-ups.
Swede

Post by Swede »

smitty wrote:

I will not be doing any discs or shirts this year. It limits the molds that I can get. There will be tons of plastic there, I have a couple of pretty good hook-ups.

can we at least get some temporary tattoos with this killer pic? maybe a bag flag suspended by faux gold chain hooked to a rabbit's foot? if not shirts, maybe bikini briefs? just sayin.
Throw Millennium.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

It might be cool to incorporate a "mini" hole some how, to make 13? Or you could have a mini hole on the ace race course.