PIMPIN DA HOLES

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
beisner

Re: PIMPIN DA HOLES

Postby beisner » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:32 pm

I'm planning to play both Ellis and Ransom this year. I'll be staying at my mom's house south of Ellis Fri & Sat evening. Probably won't be in Ransom 'til Sat AM.

I could bring the pratt club's white bugger of a basket if you need it..?! Let me know...

My $0.02 on the course would be to definitely keep Long Skinny, the Cedar Tunnel, the Concrete Pond. I like the idea of 3 rounds of 12, especially with 100 degree days. Is "triple mando" the shot under / through that carport-looking shelter house? That's nasty if it is! And really like the idea of low/flat entry fees.

I played Ransom in 2005 and 2006. '06 was the 37-degree sideways rain day in March when we all sat at the bar for a 2 1/2 hour lunch break. Oooohg. I'd play in a whiteout blizzard any day over that crap! Ransom 2005 was a sunny spring day if I remember correctly -- and I think Ransom 2005 was the first KDGA tourney I ever played excluding Pratt & Hays many years prior... looking forward to getting reacquainted with it!

Anyway -

Smitty - Sure I'd do the photo tour -- get two people, one to stand at the pin location, one to snap pics and use a rangefinder if you have one (I borrow one from a hunter), and post the photos to photobucket & email hole descriptions/distances to me. Make sure to take the photos in the order of play (one whole set of photos per round of play will keep me from getting confused). Then I could download them and assemble, add paths, distances, etc... and post phototour links back here. You'd need to do all that a week or so in advance of the tourney ... Gonna be @ Cedar Bluff for the 4th?

Anyone who hasn't played RANSOM PIMPIN DA HOLES and is on the fence or is considering it: YOU SHOULD GO!!! Just think: Winfield Cherry Street with even more Urban Assault flavor and add a little bit of Haviland and Ellis here n' there. It is fun.

/-=\_29151~-^\_

smitty

Postby smitty » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:18 pm

Probably will not get a chance to get you the pictures in Advance Ryan. I do think that I could hook you up with a few Photo tour jobs. If you have the real know how and time, I know a guy who is looking for a hole by hole Caddy book (USDGC) style.

As far as holes, I talked with Mace a little tonight. He and I both agree that it is going to be hot as hell, so I should keep it on the short side.

Holes 1 - Hole 6 all normal.
Hole 7 - Fairway to Heaven
Hole 8 - Worlds Greatest Tunnel Shot
Hole 9 - Cement Pond
Hole 10 - Long and Skinny
Hole 11 - Back in the park ("Island Hole")
Hole 12- Normal Hole 9 in the Real Park

The only problem is that I don't have a triple Mando.

Boomer9time

Postby Boomer9time » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:33 pm

This sounds like a good time.
My wife is playing, and I am trying to recruit a few locals here to give it a try and go have fun.

smitty

Postby smitty » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:10 am

Boomer9time wrote:This sounds like a good time........go have fun.

This is a given.

I have a few things brewing that could make this the best PIMPIN DA HOLES to date.

_dm4

Postby _dm4 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:16 am

Can't wait! I can bring a basket. I will try and talk to James and Chad and see if they can make it, or if they are going to whimp out!!! (you heard me Jimbob!)

Leo D.

Postby Leo D. » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:31 am

smitty wrote:I have a few things brewing that could make this the best PIMPIN DA HOLES to date.

Well we can rule out having Michael Jackson perform during the lunch break.

smitty

Postby smitty » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:05 am

_dm4 wrote:Can't wait! I can bring a basket. I will try and talk to James and Chad and see if they can make it, or if they are going to whimp out!!! (you heard me Jimbob!)

Get them on the ball. Tell them it is going to be cheap to play.

$20 for all divisions.

Open
Masters
Women
Advanced Am
Int
Rec

$5 Ace Fund with Ace Race at the end for those who are in if no Aces.
$5 CTP I will have divisional CTPs the first round. The second round I will do a CTP/Card only for the people who pay in.
CTPS will include and not be limited to:Discs, Hats, DVDs, Shirts, and other goodies.

smitty

Postby smitty » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:07 am

Leo D. wrote:Well we can rule out having Michael Jackson perform during the lunch break.

I had just booked him to sing Beat it at the bar. I was really looking forward to watching him and the locals perform it. I planned on you and I doing the knife fight with our hands tied together. What a bummer.

I wonder what MC Hammer is doing that weekend. I will have my peeps get in touch with his peeps and we will see what happens.

W

Postby W » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:51 pm

Stop
No....where've you been?

smitty

Postby smitty » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:32 pm

W wrote:Stop

It's Hammer Time!

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:47 pm

cant touch this!!

beisner

Postby beisner » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:27 pm

buuuuhh duuun nnuuuuh nuuuuh NIIT NIIH!
/-=\_29151~-^\_

beisner

Postby beisner » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:35 pm

smitty wrote:Probably will not get a chance to get you the pictures in Advance Ryan. I do think that I could hook you up with a few Photo tour jobs. If you have the real know how and time, I know a guy who is looking for a hole by hole Caddy book (USDGC) style.

That USDGC playbook is REALLY awesome but my guess is that they spent a few grand on it, at least. Everything was re-illustrated in Flash -- no photos in the finished product. Someone spent some TIME on that for sure. Ransom should have one!!!! jk :D
/-=\_29151~-^\_

smitty

Postby smitty » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:46 pm

Matt Peckham does the caddy book. He works for Innova, so I am sure that it doesn't cost them more then several days wages.

beisner

Postby beisner » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:16 pm

He should do one for Ransom! 8)
/-=\_29151~-^\_

Return to “KDGA Oz Tour Tournament Information”