Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

2010 Glass Blown Open

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
smitty

2010 Glass Blown Open

Post by smitty »

Here you go Kansas. Go here for all you Glass Blown Open questions and information. Make sure to sign-up early so you don't miss out.

http://www.glassblownopen.com
Austin

Re: 2010 Glass Blown Open

Post by Austin »

Will there be kegs and golf carts?
McCabe
Regional Rep

Post by McCabe »

Um, NO, but there will be 5 USDGC spots given away! this is going to be hands down the BEST GBO to date, DON"T MISS OUT!
smitty

Post by smitty »

Remember this is a PDGA A-tier.

So to answer your questions.

3.3 Professional Misconduct

D. Consumption of alcohol is expressly forbidden from the two minute warning until the player’s scorecard is submitted. Such use shall result in immediate disqualification at a B Tier or higher event. (This rule is still in effect at “C Tier” events. However, the Tournament Director may elect to issue a warning to the offending player instead of immediately disqualifying them. If a player has been issued a warning, all subsequent violations shall result in immediate disqualification.)

3.5 Carts and Caddies

E. For those players wishing to use a carrying device, approved carrying devices include disc golf bags, foldable chairs and push cart companions. No animals, motor driven or bicycle type devices shall be allowed at all PDGA events.

I did find this also.

3.5 Carts and Caddies
A. Players are required to walk during their tournament rounds at all PDGA events unless alternate transportation such as golf carts are provided to all competitors

Since we are planning on 270 players. We just couldn't afford to rent 70 carts and still host a tourney with a great payout.

Eric is correct, this is going to be the best GBO of all time. 3 Courses, field events, players party (which will have beer), beer tasting from DD's newest sponsor Tall Grass Brewing Company, $500 final 9, payout and players packs that will be as good or better then you will get anyplace, 5 people will qualify for the USDGC.
ronconversjr

Post by ronconversjr »

I recommend "Buffalo Sweat" a dark beer from Tallgrass that rocks! 8)
Specializing in Zen golf!
www.DynamicDiscs.com
cooldaddyslickbreeze

Post by cooldaddyslickbreeze »

FIrst Promo video for 2010 GBO

2010 Glass Blown Open Promo
crispinthomascarrasco

Post by crispinthomascarrasco »

killer vid CDSB!!!
disc golf superhero

Post by disc golf superhero »

Austin wrote:Will there be kegs and golf carts?
I just blew beer out my nose!

No beer, no golf carts, no heavy metal music blaring off hole one's T, no make believe strippers? How's this better?
disc golf superhero

Post by disc golf superhero »

No I'm not serious. I know this is a very respectable event and wish I could make it!
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

Looks like I may have to go to my first Glss blown Open. Any Imporiea discers wanna rent out a couch for a weekend cause riding the bike back at night just isn't to safe.?
Chain smoker
smitty

Post by smitty »

disclizard wrote:Looks like I may have to go to my first Glss blown Open. Any Imporiea discers wanna rent out a couch for a weekend cause riding the bike back at night just isn't to safe.?
They have always let people camp in the park in years past. I don't know why that wouldn't be an option again this year.
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

Thank you Smitty i did not know that .. Hey jeremy what is in the player packs this year? . I have never been to one of your tourneys but hear you have some of the best Player packs around. Also do you order full color discs for your GBO tourneys?
Chain smoker
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

I don't think the players packs have been completely finalized yet, but we're working on it. Easy to say this will be the best players pack at a DD event yet.
scarpfish

Post by scarpfish »

With Peter Pan in play this year, is this going to be four rounds as in the past, or just three this year?
smitty

Post by smitty »

Will still be 4 rounds.

Some people will get 2 rounds at Peter, and some will only get 1.