Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

KDSSF Scholarship Tourney @ Tick Ranch

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
discscout

KDSSF Scholarship Tourney @ Tick Ranch

Post by discscout »

Here are the details: Open Pro and Advanced $35; all other Pro $30; Novice & Jr $20; all other Am $25.
Fees included in entry- $2 KDGA fee; $5 donation to KDSSF (down from $8); CTP; $1 Ace fund.
Mulligans- May purchase 5 for $5. Anytime-anywhere.
Food is not included this year but Shauns Big Hot Meat will take orders before the 1st round. $5 for 1 burger or brat, chips, side, cookie and water. Extra meat $1.
The course has had over a hundred man hours preparing the course with the majority of the cedars raised up so they can be gotten under if you land in one.
Auction- One autographed 2009 World championship disc will be auctioned. There are 4 different discs from which the winning bidder can choose from. All four have been signed by Open Men, Open Women, Master Men and Senior Grandmaster men.
We have had a number of donations to help increase the prize package and are always looking for more. Hope to see you there.
Last edited by discscout on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
$c0oBa

Re: KDSSF Scholarship Tourney @ Tick Ranch

Post by $c0oBa »

When is this Bill?
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

I believe it's on March 27th. Let's show up in numbers this year.
88cruz88

Post by 88cruz88 »

Is this going to be a double point Tourney?
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

It's in green on the schedule, so looks like it will be.
discscout

Post by discscout »

Yes and yes. The tourney is March 27th and I believe it is double points for KDGA. Come early to play a few holes and warm up because we will have a players meeting at 9:45. I have, of course, played the course a number of times and there are only a couple of holes that I have failed to deuce. Now, if I could do that all in the same day would be another matter (and avoid the bogeies). The Sleepy Hollow hole still gives me fits and is the only hole never deuced in tournament play by anyone. (Although a few have come close.) The point is that the course is fairly short and a blast to play.
discscout

Post by discscout »

The Tick Ranch is located 5 miles south, 4 east and 5/8 south of Andover Road and Kellogg (The main traffic light). Andover Road may be renamed to Butler Road but is the main traffic light for Andover. From the east (Augusta), take Santa Fe Lake Road south off of Kellogg (US Hgwy 54/400) then 1 mile west and 5/8 south. The east/west road in Butler County is 150th which in Sedgwick County is 47th St South. The Tick Ranch is on TaWaKoNi Road. It is the second drive on the east after the railroad tracks.
discscout

Post by discscout »

There are 7 holes from 300 to 333 feet. 3 holes from 250 to 299. 8 holes from 200 to 249. There are actually two holes 333, (1 and 13). Sleepy Hollow (hole 11) is 327. Top pros should definitly shoot double digit down each round. Total length is 4813 feet. A far cry from the old days when it was around 7200 feet.
88cruz88

Post by 88cruz88 »

Is there a sign in time set yet?
discscout

Post by discscout »

Get there when you can. Registration will start around 8am. I have had numerous calls from northeast Kansas. For those people coming from Emporia and points north, exit the turnpike at the south El Dorado exit. Take 254 west about a mile past Towanda and turn south on Adams Rd. This paved road jogs west a mile and changes names to Santa Fe Lake Rd. When you reach a traffic light (about 7 mile and is Kellogg/US 54/ US 400) continue south on Santa Fe Lake Rd 5 miles to 150th St. Turn west 1 mile to TaWaKoNi Rd. Go 5/8 mile south and the drive is on the left. This last 5/8 mile is gravel road.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

This is a great tournament, so don't miss it!

The Tick Ranch is a fun course that most of us don't get to play too often. Combine that with KDGA double points, Shaun's big hot meat available for purchase (That's always fun to say), and supporting a great cause, there's no reason to miss this tournament!
zollmanator

Post by zollmanator »

I am really looking forward to playing at the Tick Ranch again, since last time I had to miss for whatever reason. This is a somewhat shorter course with alot of obstacles and a blast to play. I plan on trying to get as many of the teenagers that play here in winfield to hitch a ride with me or one of the other locals so they can witness and enjoy what this scholarship is about, and to also thank Jeff P. and Bill P. for the efforts. DONT THINK TO HARD ABOUT IT AND GET YOUR SATURDAY PLANED FOR THE TICK RANCH. DONT FORGET THAT MRSENORTYLER LIKES SHAUNS BIG HOT MEAT, IF IT IS GOOD FOR HIM THEN ITS GOOD FOR ALL - I THINK.
Never, under any circunstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxitive the same night.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Our club normally sends some stuff for CTPs. If somebody wants to hook up with me before Saturday, that would be great.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

I think Mike wants to go also. You could check with him too.
iqbal

Post by iqbal »

A little preview...

Here's a link to more pictures of the Ranch.
http://www.acdgc.com/album.php?albumid=5