Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

KDSSF Scholarship Tourney @ Tick Ranch

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
smitty

Re: KDSSF Scholarship Tourney @ Tick Ranch

Post by smitty »

No online reg. in the past, and doubt that it will be happening this year either.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Don't think the event has ever filled, but Jeff and Bill would probably make it work even if it did.
kscustom

Post by kscustom »

So it's show and go! Sweet i plan on attending, sounds like a good time
Soslychickenfry
Semper ludere optimus
discscout

Post by discscout »

Entry fees will be the same as last year: Open men $35. Open Women, Master and GM $30. Advanced $35. AmII and Am Master and Am GM and Am Women $25. Novice and Jr $20. These fees include a $2 KDGA fee, $1 ace fund and $5 taken out to fund the scholarship. There are at least 60 trophies this year which we want to give to the best 60 players for the $5.
Additional fees: You may purchase 5 mulligans for $5. Individually they are $2. They can be used anytime, anywhere. Lunch will be offered for sale or you can bring your own. There will also be merchandise for sale.
Winfield rules will be in effect. Two throws on first tee each round. (Second throw aces count only toward score). Discs on top of the chain assembly count. If you don't have to release the disc from your hand to get it in the basket, it can be picked up by anyone. Face mask putts count.
Hope to see a lot of people there to help support this scholarship. I am certain the students that received past awards are grateful.
smitty

Post by smitty »

discscout wrote: Winfield rules will be in effect............................................... Face mask putts count.

Is this in effect on all putts? If so, not exactly a Winfield Rule.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

He's probably taking about putts that stick in the cage, not those that just hit the cage.
discscout

Post by discscout »

That's right. If it sticks in the cage. As we all know, the PDGA has outlawed those putts as counting. It was a bad putt in the first place so why get rewarded? I see it as a flaw in the basket design or the allowance of too flexible a disc or a steriod user but that is not the point. If the basket in anyway keeps the disc off the ground; it is a good putt at this tournament.
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

ok thats understandable. But why on top of the chain assembly ? sure i know its keeping the disc from hitting the ground . but not because of design flaw. Shouldn't we be teaching and conditioning people to play by the same rules and regulations that they would have to play if they were playing a PDGA tourney? It doesn't make it any more or less fun. It just confuses the average player next time he/she plays a sanctioned event.

Just my 2 cents worth.. Off my box now
Chain smoker
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

The event is about having fun and helping to raise money for the scholarship fund. I know a lot of folks from Winfield have supported the event and the fund since the beginning, so it sounds like this is just a gesture from Bill to show appreciation. I don't think anyone will get confused. Unless we are using the "reach out and grab shots that are so bad they roll back to the tee pad so we can get a free re-throw" Winfield rule.
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

yeah I love that one !!! first time i heard of that one was at the frizz, I thought WTH is up with that? LOL If i can make it i'll be there though . Love to play new courses that I have never played.
Chain smoker
discscout

Post by discscout »

OOPS- Forgot that one. This tourney is about fun. While we do pay normal payouts after the "donation" to the scholarship is taken out; we try to give everyone a winners trophy for being there and helping the cause. Not always possible but the majority get a thank you "trophy". And these aren't your average trophies. Can't find them in any store.
For those first timers; the address is (I think) 15535 Tawakoni Rd. From the light at Andover and Kellogg go 5 miles south to 150th (This is 47th south in Sedgwick Cty) turn east (left) go 4 miles to Tawakoni. Turn south (right) and 5/8 mile on the left. You will see the signs at the drive.
Normal start time. This is one place I try to deviate from Winfield rules. Players meeting at 9:45 means 9:45. Try to be early enough to sign up prior.
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

Is this course playable the day before the tourney ? In fact is this a permanate private course that people can play during the summer too?
Chain smoker
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

disclizard wrote:Is this course playable the day before the tourney ? In fact is this a permanate private course that people can play during the summer too?
does no one know the answer to this? Would be nice to know if we can go out and see the course the day before, and also nice to know if we can play it again after the tourney.
Chain smoker
cfluty

Post by cfluty »

Call the land owner and ask him if you can play it.
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

1) I have no Idea who that is. 2) I cain't use a phone because of my hearing lose. Thats why i thought i would ask on here. I figured that who ever is putting on the tourney would know or be able to find out .
Chain smoker