luckylefty

Re: 21st Annual Doo Dah, June 5th & 6th

Postby luckylefty » Wed May 26, 2010 3:39 pm

i was wanting to know what course we playing frist

scarpfish

Postby scarpfish » Wed May 26, 2010 5:50 pm

luckylefty wrote:i was wanting to know what course we playing frist

That will likely depend on your division. In the past, some of the divisions get sent to Oak on Saturday while the rest stay at Herman. On Sunday, they switch courses.

Schoen-hopper

Postby Schoen-hopper » Wed May 26, 2010 8:13 pm

Everyone signs in at the Herman Hill Water Center and stays for the players meeting. The pros will go to Oak Saturday and play at Herman Hill Sunday. Vice versa for ams. If there are more than 72 ams, some will play with the pros.

smitty

Postby smitty » Thu May 27, 2010 8:44 am

OK Peeps-

I find it hard to believe that only 15 players have registered for this event.

If you want to make your tourney experience more enjoyable. Please register ASAP. This event has had well over 100 people in the past. If over 100 people plan to bombard HQ trying to register is a recipe for a serious headache.

It really would help with course planning, making scorecards, reserving players packs, and getting started at the scheduled time.

Looking forward to great weekend of disc golf.

Online Tourney REG

Schoen-hopper

Postby Schoen-hopper » Thu May 27, 2010 9:04 am

Schoen-hopper wrote:Some people expressed some interest for doubles Friday night. I'm going to try to make this happen. Here's what I think we'll do.

I'll try to get Water Center opened a little earlier. Maybe by 5pm or 5:30pm. We won't be ready for registration at that time. But you can find me and pay $10 per team. Pick your partner. Cash division payout & credit division payout. All short tees. Must have at least 2 teams in a group. Flex start. Come back by the Water Center and turn in your scores. 100% payout top third, no ace fund. Payout will be Sunday. Credits must be used Sunday.

We could do $20 per team if there is enough interst. My thought with $10 per team was more people would play. With 2 divisions, you really need 20-30+ players to make things fun. And I didn't want people to worry about finishing in the dark. If that happens, no biggie. You can still see till about 9pm. We'll probably be locking up the Water Center around 8:30 though, so if you finish late, you'll have to report scores the following day.

I'll try to get a sign up sheet made for doubles so people can just sign in, pay their entry, & hit the course. Will be ready for registration by about 6pm or so. So if you want to get registered for the tourney and also play doubles, best time to come by would be 6pm-7pm.

SmoothDrawOS

Postby SmoothDrawOS » Fri May 28, 2010 2:17 pm

I registered a few minutes ago. Me and the original TO Double D are getting back into the game.

At the bottom of the registration page it says "Entries must be received by FRI 5/28/10 8pm CST."

What is this date a cutoff for? Player packs?

I am just curious so I can call my brother and tell him to hurry his ass up.

Schoen-hopper

Postby Schoen-hopper » Fri May 28, 2010 2:22 pm

Iqbal can probably explain that question.

smitty

Postby smitty » Fri May 28, 2010 3:52 pm

Seems like you would want to run online until at least next Thursday.

Fagan

Postby Fagan » Fri May 28, 2010 9:58 pm

Smitty,

Both William and I have registered online, but our names are not coming up as registered players. My thought on the limited number of players registered could come from the fact that the PDGA charges another $4 for a handling fee!?! I was planning on playing advanced, but with the extra $10 for not being a PDGA member and the extra $4 for a handling fee has forced me to chose intermediate. Although it may cause some headache it may be worth it to some to save the $4 and register on site if it doesn't look like it will sell out. If this tournament gets the 100 players that are expected you can save $400 across the board by not registering online. Just my thoughts. I am looking forward to the tourney and seeing some old friends.

TO Double

88cruz88

Postby 88cruz88 » Sat May 29, 2010 8:47 am

Because of a $4 service fee were going to have sandbaggers, there was the option to mail in your registration to Iqbal, it just seems crazy that $4 is going to cause such an issue...

smitty

Postby smitty » Sat May 29, 2010 10:46 am

Todd

I understand what you are saying. The extra fees are all imposed by the pdga. That would be the place to express you concerns. The pdga may listen but most likely will not change. There are other local cheaper options for online reg. Both DD and the kdga offer the service. I trust your reg us in, the tourney just has not been updated yet.

The 4 dollar fee isn't the problem.it looks to me like it is the combo of the 2. Many events offer a discount or bonus for early reg. It is easier for the player and td. Running off a reg sheet filling it out,stamp, mailing, in isn't easier for anyone.

scarpfish

Postby scarpfish » Sat May 29, 2010 10:51 am

Anyone who has ever signed up for a tournament online knows there is a handling fee involved to cover the costs of credit card processing. I know with respect to the lower cheaper divisions $4 seems like an unfair tax, but there's no getting around this, sans snail mailing a check. That option is available for those who want to use it here although I'd have that check in the mail today (note Monday is a holiday, so any mail put in after the last pickup today won't go out until Tuesday). That way Iqbal has time to run to the bank.

ronconversjr

Postby ronconversjr » Mon May 31, 2010 9:55 pm

Wow! Played Oak and both tees at Herman Hill today. Oak is still a little rough, but Herman Hill is looking great. All pins are set long. The way I understand it, instead of the traditional Red or Blue, we'll be playing long and short. One of those rounds will not be for the faint of heart...
Kudos to the folks that worked on #1 long tee, It really is nice. The additional height puts the trees right in the shot, adding a little more difficulty while keeping the integrity of the original shot. Having less sand to deal with on the tee is going to be even better! Great job! 8)
Specializing in Zen golf!
www.DynamicDiscs.com

durtydoggy

Postby durtydoggy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:31 pm

I registered for the tournament last Thursday. Should they be updating the current registration list or do the TD's? The current registration list is at what it was last week.

iqbal

Postby iqbal » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:40 pm

I've been out of town and wasn't able to update the players list. It's updated now. Please let me know if you are signed up and don't see your name.
http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=10459

Return to “KDGA Oz Tour Tournament Information”