Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

ANTHONY OCT 16TH UN-CANCELLED

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
Darren B

Re: ANTHONY OCT 16TH UN-CANCELLED

Post by Darren B »

I talked with James, the city is going to get it mowed this week, James also reciently purchased a cafe up town at which i'm sure there will be a disc golfer special for lunch. he's also going to try to drum up some sponsers in town, GO JAMES for a guy with so much going on he's putting a lot of effort into making this a good time for all. my plan is still to show up friday mid morning and take care of whatever needs done. all help is welcome and will be rewarded with a barbecue at the 2-G on me friday night. Lets make it a good one!!!!!!!
Darren B. - LRDGC
Darren B

Post by Darren B »

ANTHONY
OCTOBER 16
UNCANCELLED
KDGA OZ TOUR DOUBLE POINTS EVENT
REGISTRATION OPENS AT 8:30 AM
PLAYERS MEETING AT 9:45
TWO ROUNDS OF 18 HOLES
OPEN DIVISIONS 45$ ADVANCED DIVISIONS 40$
INTERMEDIATE & RECREATIONAL 30$
JUNIOR 20$
5$ ACE FUND & KDGA FEE INCLUDED
Darren B. - LRDGC
ronconversjr

Post by ronconversjr »

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Antho ... ocode=CITY for those of you wanting directions...
Specializing in Zen golf!
www.DynamicDiscs.com
Darren B

Post by Darren B »

would any body be interested in doubles on friday afternoon ?
Darren B. - LRDGC
Chucker9

Post by Chucker9 »

I have to go to a wedding on Sat, but I plan on driving down Friday after I get off work. I should be able to be there close to 5pm.....I'll play, then hang out and drink.
God,Family,Discgolf,DenverBroncos,Sooners...Says it all for me.
one19

Post by one19 »

Chucker9 wrote:I have to go to a wedding on Sat, but I plan on driving down Friday after I get off work.
Nothing I love more than wedding cake & kissing brides.
Can you get me into the reception?

`
------------------------------------ <>

flip your lid, daddy-o !

`
tbone

Post by tbone »

Any valley guys going to anthony might be looking for a ride?
Represent the DOUBLE D'S
Guyster

Post by Guyster »

Course is mowed and looking good!! The weekend weather report is looking frickin' awesome!

Spinners Diner will be open Friday and will open for Disc Golfers only Saturday for lunch and it's special for the tourny will be a quarter pound cheeseburger, fries, and large drink for $3.99.

I am throwing in an additional $300 bucks to the Pro payouts, if we have more than 50 total register, I will up it to $500!! More sponsor money may come in between now and then.

Pass it on, get the word out, and try your luck at the Pro divisions! Wind + Water = Anyone's game!!!
Darren B

Post by Darren B »

calling all disc golfers 50 players for 500$ in added cash at a non pdga event !!! WOW!! not only that getting to play a cool lake course, camping on site, disc golfer lunch special, friday doubles, and the list goes on. GO GUYSTER GO!! If you have other plans its time to start thinking about changing them this is going to be a great time
Darren B. - LRDGC
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

I was able to play Anthony last year and had a blast! Unfortunately, I am still being bothered with a heel injury, so not going to be able to make it. I would play it again, just to play the course. Lots of fun shots! With all the added stuff, lets just say you won't regret going (BBQ at the 2-G is HUGE)!

I am not going to say that I am old, or even getting old. I had this same injury ten years ago on my left heel. Just have to give it a little time, ice, and rest! I tried playing on it in McCook. It really bothered me, being my plant foot. So just going to stay off it for a while and see if it gets better.
crispinthomascarrasco

Post by crispinthomascarrasco »

me and my buddy will be there friday after work to help out , camp out, and party with Darren!
Guyster

Post by Guyster »

Flirting with the idea of a hole 19, I'll get advice when people show up Friday but it will basically bring players full circle. I will mark it tomorrow and then if we dont play it, no worries.

Also, I hope to finish up hole 18 (short) tomorrow. Several truck loads of dirt today, it will be a shorter-distanced, raised basket (go for the glory!), it looks like the bottom of the basket will be about 5 feet up from the ground!
Eaglehigh99

Post by Eaglehigh99 »

I plan on being there. 8) Probably won't do this but what are the camping arrangements. :?:
Darren B

Post by Darren B »

beautifull lakeside sites with electric,next to course
Darren B. - LRDGC
BGLeftyFlick

Post by BGLeftyFlick »

YES- RAISE THE BASKET!!!! I played in a tourny that had a few holes with raised baskets and one hole where the bottom of the basket sat at about 6 feet high. It adds a lot of difficulty. I shot a 4 on it the first round and a 7 the second round. That much elevation adds difficulty.
Bryan G.
a.k.a. Teach