Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Fore Fathers Fling 3/12/11 Derby, Ks

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
Chucker9

Re: Fore Fathers Fling 3/12/11 Derby, Ks

Post by Chucker9 »

Ron/Crispin. I got two more sign ups today.

Russ " Pudge " Trice Intermediate &
Don Carter Pro Masters.
God,Family,Discgolf,DenverBroncos,Sooners...Says it all for me.
Pudge19am

Post by Pudge19am »

Russ Trice is signed up for Intermediate. Not old enough for masters yet!
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

I didnt see any info but can i ask whats in the players packs. i am trying to talk a friend into signing up early and want to let him know to sweeten the deal. He's a beginner so knowing what he is getting may help get him to commit to the tourney .
Chain smoker
crispinthomascarrasco

Post by crispinthomascarrasco »

first forty people to sign up and pay will get a tournament t-shirt and a micro fiber golf towel courtesy of the Handeye Corporation. as of Tuesday night we have a little over 30 spots spoken for. with less than 10 packs left it would be a good idea to sign up ASAP to secure a pack. Even if you don't get in in time for a pack, Misc. gear donated to the tournament from our generous sponsors Dynamic Discs, Maceman, Discs Unlimited, and Discin Ranmat will ensure great CTP prizes, Ring of fire, birdie bounties(TBA), and other fun giveaways giving everyone a chance to get some bonus goodies...can't wait until saturday and hope everyone can make it(90 max) :D
jump_putter

Post by jump_putter »

lol. sorry Russ!! was typing FAST
-Ronnie Unruh #20079
jump_putter

Post by jump_putter »

Very close to 40 ppl signed up alredy. Only a couple player's packs not spoken for yet.
-Ronnie Unruh #20079
cfluty

Post by cfluty »

You can give my pack to #41. Two days away people this event will kick ass, course is in awesome shape at this time.
crispinthomascarrasco

if your are cruising the information super-highway tonight wondering what you are gonna do tomorrow...look no further...make your way to Derby in the morning to play the Fling...we have so much added goodies and cash that it is guaranteed to get crazy with contests, give-a-ways, ctps, and much more...Our sponsors and staff have helped make this a great kick-off event tfor this year's OZ TOUR...
BGLeftyFlick

Post by BGLeftyFlick »

GREAT TOURNY!!!
(wish I would have played better)
WHAT A TURN OUT!!!
I had to get home to my little girl, but I'd like to see results (when you get the time).
Great job by everyone who helped get this thing together. It was fun!
Bryan G.
a.k.a. Teach
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

great tourney guys. Had a blast . I even cashed for 10th place . Thats a pretty good sized AM division to cash that far back. . The wind was harsh and the ponds got fed plenty of plastic ( thank god i didn't feed them today) but it looks like every one had a good time. The burger guys served a decent lunch and a ton of ring of fire prizes went out. I sure hope to see this tourney again next year. Once again props to all the people who worked hard on this one .
Chain smoker
jump_putter

Post by jump_putter »

WHEW!!!!!!!
What an undertaking! Just running this event has given me a greater appreciation for what guys like Rusco do on a weekly basis.
The day was a great success! 73 players, great weather (although MUCH windier than forecast), great fun and great friends.

I want to start by again thanking all of our sponsors, for it was these people that made this event!
First Thanks goes to my P.I.C.'s, Crispin, Bo, Wiggs and Fluty. WE DID IT!!!
I also want thank everyone that pitched in helping to get ready for, and running this tournament. Bo Carrasco, Curtis B., and Shane Crisler did the majority of the prep work on the course. Many helped the morning of getting stuff set up including, Bo, Curtis, "The Ronruh Players", Russ and Andy Horning, Brandon "Texas" Tull, Speer, Fluty, Wiggins, Jason Childre and others I'm probably forgetting now.
During the tourney there was even more help from the same people and from some that weren't even asked. Bryan Grosbach, my wife Meagan, my mom and Atkins diet all pitched in at lunch counting and slotting cards. A HUGE thanks to Bill Paulson for counting and slotting ALL the cards at the end of the day (without being asked). He didnt get get take part in possibly the longest Ring of Fire in history (The pile of stuff given away was described to me as MOUNTAINESS) because he was busy working his butt off. Bo and Wiggs were busting their tails with me in the car as we got all the payout done. THANK YOU GUYS!!! Without this I might still be working on the payout!
I wish I could have seen the CTP finals as I was told that all of the qualifiers were forced to make the shot blindfolded. I hope someone took pics or cam-phoned this somewhere. Tom Diener took home a SWEET USDGC Roc for his efforts.
Congrats to all of the champions! The course played VERY difficult and we only saw 1 player end the day below par. Brendan Hickman won in a rout shooting a course record tying -6 in the last round to finish the day at -7. We did have and ace hit as Jason Childre (who worked his butt off getting sponsors) giving him a FAT payday.
All in all, I think the most gratifying part of the day was at the end and at the players party (thanks to all who attended, I know that Busters was happy to see that) when everyone was coming up to us saying that they had a blast and that the payout was SICK! It really made all of the work worthwhile and easy to sleep knowing that we had pulled it off. I really look forward to the 2nd annual Fling and hope to make next year even bigger and better!!

Results:

Place/Total Score/

Open-
Brendan Hickman 101
Crispin Carrasco 108
Ronnie Unruh 109
Austin Streit 112
Tracy Ruder 114
Brandon Nelson 114
Ben Maas 117
Jeff Ring 121
Ben Wiggins 124
Russ Horning 125
Andy Horning 125
Bo Carrasco 126
Brad Roeder 132

Open Masters-
Iqbal Jehan 109
Curtis Broadhurst 114
Don Mordecai 117
Mike Speer 123
Tom V. 123
Jarod Kintzel 127
Rodney Dyck 134

Open Grandmasters-
Bill Paulson 110
Harvey Barger 115
Dennis Vahsholtz 118
Dave Richardson 124

Open Women-
Robin Reimer 133
Miranda Fulton 140
Deb Imel 163

Advanced-
Shane Crisler- 112
Jeff Vest 115
Phil Jackson 116
JD Wyatt 118
Brandon Tull 121
Casey Fluty 121
Joe Boller 124
Phil Schmidt 125
Bobby S. 128
Bryan Grosbach 135
Jason Atkins 137
Austin Johnson 137

Advanced Women-
Kylie Vest 167

Advanced Grandmasters-
Boebo 123
Tom Diener 125
Steve Brown 143
Bangerrr Bob 144
Lee A. 145
Jeff Laha DNF

Intermediate-
N. Tucker 118
Ryan "Bryan" Doyle 121
Mark Wison 122
"Pudge" 125
Kelly Parsons 127
Taylor Camp 129
Brian Thompson 129
Trey Thompson 130
Brandon Rusk 131
D. Christie 132
"Lizard" 132
Arty Hicks 133
N. Floyd 134
Jim Minor 135
J. Heckman 137
Hans 141
Chuck Smitley 141
Jason Childre 143 ------ACE HOLE #11 ROUND 2----------
Adam Bleything 143
Jacob Laha 144
Patrick Upton 151
Kyle Crow 158
Jordan V. 162
Andy Turnes DNF

Jr Boys-
Cameron Unruh 148
Nicklaus Unruh 165

Jr Girls-
Braylen Doyle 200
-Ronnie Unruh #20079
Austin

Post by Austin »

I think it is safe to say Derby is a must play from now on.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Way to go RonRuh!

Looks like Derby will be a Double Points event next year for sure. 73 is Killer.
crispinthomascarrasco

from a personal point of view...that was a crazy-awesome saturday! with help from a bunch of local golfers and friends, in addition to all our bad-ass sponsors, the first annual Fore!fathers Fling was a huge success. the turnout, weather, course, payout, lunch, and prizes made for a great day of fun and disc golf fellowship. it was an event that made me proud to be a member of the ACDGC and the KDGA. I could fill a few pages recounting all the good shots, funny moments and overall greatness that the day displayed...especially my last putt on the last hole :D ... Thank you to everyone that made it and thank you to all of our sponsors for making this a memorable day for 73 Kansas disc golfers(and one okie)...as said many times before, Hickman is a self-programmed, fully functional machine...what a nicely executed second round, team mate! The Unruh family held it down like we all knew they would...great job boys and wifee. Ron already mentioned everyone who helped out with course prep and score assistance, but I still wanted to throw out another thank you. Having Bill Paulson tell us we did a good job made the whole day worth-while since he is on a short list of people who this tournament was dedicated to. Wish Buddy and Marcus could have made it out, hope to see them there next year. these are the kinds of events, that i take a step back and realize what a spoiled life i have...I get to golf and party with my brother Bo, my other brothers (wiggins, unruh, fluty, nelson), a bunch of great friends(the whole pro division to name a few) and even get a cameo appearance from my hot wife and cool son(thanks for helping me with the ring of fire lil' buddy!) If the whole day wasn't good enough, the night was suhweet as well...the after party at lil' Busters was a perfect way to end the day...good food, good music, good shots, and the monster head even showed up and made his way on top of a few random ladies.

Quote from a conversation between Hickman and myself..."we only have a short time in this world, so lets get weird with it."
jump_putter

Post by jump_putter »

Well put brother.
-Ronnie Unruh #20079