Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Food Drives 2012

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
smitty

Food Drives 2012

Post by smitty »

If you or your club are planning to run a Food Drive, please let me know here when and where.

We normally have them in:
Hays
Norton
Pratt
Salina
Winfield
jcarroll

Re: Food Drives 2012

Post by jcarroll »

I am the course director for Carey Park disc golf course in Hutchinson. I may be interested in scheduling a food drive tournament. Could you provide some more information as to the tournament director's role in setting this up?

Thanks,
-- Josh Carroll
smitty

Post by smitty »

It is pretty simple.

If you are a kdga member, you tell us the date and number of discs you want. You have to value the discs at 15 dollars. The kdga will know the exact cost of the discs when they arrive. Any of the profit made off a disc, must be donated to a local food charity. Any unused discs get returned and you are not charged for them.

Usually a disc is given to each entry as a players pack. Formats is only limited to the td's creativity.
jcarroll

Post by jcarroll »

Do I qualify to become a KDGA member? And just so that I am aware, what exactly does the TD end up paying in regards to the discs?
smitty

Post by smitty »

Anyone can be a KDGA member.

The discs are usually between 7-8 bucks each. Most TD's charge $20 to play the Food Drive and try to incorporate some kind of pot luck lunch. So you are able to donate over $10/disc to your food charity.
jcarroll

Post by jcarroll »

Thanks so much for your help. As for becoming a KDGA member, I believe the group is limited to invites only. May I receive an invitation to the KDGA group?
smitty

Post by smitty »

jcarroll wrote:Thanks so much for your help. As for becoming a KDGA member, I believe the group is limited to invites only. May I receive an invitation to the KDGA group?
By member I was referring to a member of the Kansas Disc Golf Association. I don't know what you are referring to? Maybe the FB page, if that it is it just go to the page and request to become a member.
jcarroll

Post by jcarroll »

I was referring to the title under your username. In the forum thread, under your username it says "KDGA Member" whereas mine does not. Nevermind my comment about the invitation, but I will need to complete a membership application (http://www.kansasdiscgolf.com/kdga/inde ... hermenu-36) with the $30 fee in order to schedule a Food Drive tourney, correct?
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Anyone can be a KDGA member. Disc, shirt, BBQ at Beloit, end of year banquet, point race for end of years final, all included. Great deal.

The membership application needs updated for 2012. But I'm sure the old one would work if submitted.
scarpfish

Post by scarpfish »

I've submitted a year old paper application to Mace before and it worked just fine. I would also suspect that by the new year both the paper application and paypal link will be updated.

Josh, if you're willing to run an event, and the club is short on funds at the moment for plastic, I may be able to help you in that department. I would advise scheduling a Hutch event towards the end of the Food Drive season (late February) so you can perhaps attend a couple of other events to get some ideas. Coming up with a creative format or layout would help boost attendance.
jcarroll

Post by jcarroll »

@scarpfish

That would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to email me (careyparkdiscgolf@gmail.com) to discuss the possibility of a Hutch food drive tournament.
smitty

Post by smitty »

The discs can probably be paid for after the event also. Since you only pay for what you use, that may make it easier.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Running form Jan 1 - Until we are out of discs. (We hope to be done before the start of the Oz tour)

Format: Any format is welcome. The idea is to have fun and raise money for local food pantries.

Discs: The TD can purchase Food Drive discs from the KDGA for a very low price. In return the KDGA would like the TD to make at least a $10 donation to the local food pantry for every discs purchased.

KDGA Points: Any KDGA member playing a Food Drive event will receive 10 Bonus Points.

Smitty
smitty

Post by smitty »

Here is the window, lets start filling in the dates.

Jan.
1st

7th
8th

14th
15th

21st
22nd

28th
29th Wichita Ice Bowl

Feb.
4th Norton Food Drive
5th

11th
--Pitt Ice Bowl
--Hays Food Drive

12th

18th Salina Food Drive
19th

25th
26th
kselrod

Post by kselrod »

smitty wrote:Here is the window, lets start filling in the dates.

Jan.
1st

7th
8th

14th
15th

21st
22nd

28th
29th Wichita Ice Bowl

Feb.
4th
5th

11th
12th

18th
19th

25th
26th
Feb. 11th will be the PITT Ice Bowl in Pittsburg KS.