GBO!

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
PETRIE

Re: GBO!

Postby PETRIE » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:45 pm

I was getting curious how many people from our nearby states have preregistered (so far). So, I put MS Excel to work & here's what it came up with.

(Feel free to let me know if I should not post this information (I'll delete it if needed). I just thought it was interesting & others might find it interesting too)

398 --> TOTAL PREREGISTERED

309 --> NON-KANSAS PREREGISTERED

89 --> KANSAS PREREGISTERED

78 --> TEXAS PREREGISTERED

60 --> MISSOURI PREREGISTERED

52 --> OKLAHOMA PREREGISTERED

25 --> IOWA PREREGISTERED

13 --> COLORADO PREREGISTERED

9 --> NEBRASKA PREREGISTERED

8 --> ARKANSAS PREREGISTERED

BTW, my numbers may be off just a little because some names do not have any state specified...
Come to Manhattan. Play our courses.

smitty

Postby smitty » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:50 pm

Kind of crazy there are nearly as many Texans as Kansans.

gapuryear

Postby gapuryear » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:47 pm

I heard a rumor that Emac may be doing a Clinic sometime over the weekend. Is there truth to that? I know the Non-Stop Disc golf tour will be there, and they do clinics at all their stops, but they said they thought Emac was running one so they wouldn't be. Any details on this?

kselrod

Postby kselrod » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:29 pm

gapuryear wrote:I heard a rumor that Emac may be doing a Clinic sometime over the weekend. Is there truth to that? I know the Non-Stop Disc golf tour will be there, and they do clinics at all their stops, but they said they thought Emac was running one so they wouldn't be. Any details on this?

Would be nice if it was Thursday instead...could use some putting (it's currently in the toilet) instruction before the GBO starts...lol! I thought about trying to contact him for a private one on one lesson (paid of course) sometime during the week...hmmm....I may just have to do that!

smitty

Postby smitty » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:19 am

We have no kind of clinic scheduled for the GBO this year, sorry.

If we get enough feedback after the event regarding a clinic then it may be included next year.

Swede

Postby Swede » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:02 pm

Seems like a good time to post how many spots are left in which divisions...
Throw Millennium.

smitty

Postby smitty » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:47 am

The remaining spots break down like this:

Open - 24
Women - 4
Masters - 4
Grandmasters - 2
Advanced - 3
Advanced Women - 0
Advanced Masters - 1
Advanced Grandmasters - 0
Intermediate - 34
Intermediate Women - 0

RobH

Postby RobH » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:34 pm

Do the C-Tiers require pre-registration, or can one sign up for those day-of?

Looking forward to this tournament. Gonna be awesome.

Swede

Postby Swede » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:51 pm

RobH wrote:Do the C-Tiers require pre-registration, or can one sign up for those day-of?

It is flex-start so I can't imagine needing a pre-reg. If those C-tiers "fill up" then the GBO is not just growing, it exploded.
Throw Millennium.

ronconversjr

Postby ronconversjr » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:43 pm

Seen the registration lately? It did explode! I'm guessing the limit will be finding an open tee pad!
Specializing in Zen golf!
www.DynamicDiscs.com

smitty

Postby smitty » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Come on Kansas Disc Golfers! Do yourself a favor and register for what is going to be the best A-tier in the World. This event is going to be ran better, have better players, be played on the better courses, and be a better time then any tourney many of you have ever played.

We have reopened all divisions. We have a little bit of flexibility with some unfilled divisions that are allowing us to let in a few more players. If you are not registered, go to www.dynamicdiscs.com and get on the list.

If you think this is more tourney then you can handle as a player. Please come and watch the event and hangout Saturday night at the players party.

This thing is going to be AWESOME!!

PETRIE

Postby PETRIE » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:54 pm

One week from right now I will be in Emporia getting rested up for my first ever GBO!

This week better go fast! I can't wait for Thursday (which is when I'll be arriving in Emporia)!
Come to Manhattan. Play our courses.

Swede

Postby Swede » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:00 pm

This shows the pools and practice session times for the ball golf courses...

http://dynamicdiscs.com/glass-blown-open/events/

I know I'm not a traveling pro and don't know how these things normally work, and I don't know what the arrangement with the ball golf courses are, but having the practice round at the country club in the a.m. both days ensures that local golfers are either gonna play the course blind or miss another day of work. Practice greens fees and essentially a 4 day commitment are the reason so few Kansans are signed up for this tournament. I understand where the money is and I'm not saying this is isn't great for disc golf. But let's not be surprised when local golfers can't pony up that sort of dough/time commitment.

That said, anybody wanna carpool on Wednesday?
Throw Millennium.

smitty

Postby smitty » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:24 am

Swede-

I am not 100% sure of the arrangement with the country club. I am assuming since it is only a 9 hole golf course, they probably need to have it open for the members in the afternoon.

I know that the new format and the green fees are going to put a little more financial strain on some peoples wallets. We are trying to offset that with the best event many people will ever play.

Planning wise, I would say a persons best bet would be to head to Emporia on Thursday and be the first group at the CC for a practice round. Then enjoy a little lunch in the shade and head over to the municipal. Sounds like a ton of golf yes, a person will just have to pace themselves. I learned this lesson the hard way trying to keep up with Hickman at Cedar Hill one year. He just powered his way through several rounds. I was able to keep the pace on Friday but wasn't worth a crap on Saturday.

Hope we can make the experience worth you time and money.

smitty

Postby smitty » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:51 pm

If you cannot make it to Emporia this weekend, SHAME ON YOU!

If you are unable to make it, we will bring it to you.

http://discgolfplanet.tv/2012-glass-blown-open-coverage

Return to “KDGA Oz Tour Tournament Information”