Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Discs Unlimited Open March 31, 2012

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
mehuntdisc

Re: Discs Unlimited Open March 31, 2012

Post by mehuntdisc »

Ok, I was caught - I was telling someone about that at league last night!
discunlm

Post by discunlm »

Ok, I just read the April Fools joke and wondered why we did not hear about this amazing feat that day while we were adding up the score cards?

Great suggestions, Smitty, on Hole 3. Will probably do that next year. Anything to avoid that bottleneck will help. More information on the OB on 18 will be added plus Alex put the flags on the 2 meter line instead of the front of the teebox for the over the fence shot on 14. We will fix those mistakes for next year but will probably create new ones somewhere else.

A final accounting for the EDGE mulligan fund and raffle. 85 mulligans were sold for a total of $425, we raised $85 from the raffle. DU matched the mulligan total and donated $735 to the EDGE foundation and $200 to the KSHSDG scholarship fund, for a total of $935 raised for a couple of worthwhile causes. Thank you for your support.

Would like to get more feedback either on this forum or throughout the year on the courses we meet at if limiting the field to 80 would be a good thing or bad. I had a couple of players comment that they would be willing to pay a few $ extra in entry fees if they could be assured of coming here and playing a couple of 2.5 to 3 hour rounds and getting back on the road home at a decent hour.

Enjoyment from playing usually goes up with the speed of play. Nobody likes it when holes get backed up and it takes 3.5 + hours to play a round. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Dennis-

My suggestion was on hole 5 not 3. I think 3 plays just fine as it is. I didn't mind the OB behind the basket on this hole at all. 5 was the hole that most people didn't know there was OB behind the basket.

As far a limiting the field? I am against that. The more people the better IMO. The first round did have a bottleneck, but it wasn't a huge problem.
ronconversjr

Post by ronconversjr »

There is room to add a hole on the RR levee teeing from near the creek and ending parellel to the bathroom tee. This would give room to slightly expand, or reduce #'s per tee.
Specializing in Zen golf!
www.DynamicDiscs.com
Swede

Post by Swede »

I'm sure no one wants to cut the number of players. But surely everyone wants quicker rounds--especially on such a short course. Any merit in splitting the difference? Say cut the field to 90 and play 5-somes on cards that will likely play quicker? Then you'd have cards of 5 on the even holes and cards of 4 on the odds?

Maybe a hair-brained idea but I'm sure I've had dumber ones.
Throw Millennium.