Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Thomas Park Open

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
tar33heels

Re: Thomas Park Open

Post by tar33heels »

Can you register day of at the event??
Mace Man

Post by Mace Man »

tar33heels wrote:Can you register day of at the event??
Yes you can!!!!
tar33heels

Post by tar33heels »

Sweet. Might be a Russell crew showing up then.

Thanks,
AC
tallguy007kc

Post by tallguy007kc »

Just signed up! 8)
James "Tallguy" McLaughlin
88cruz88

Post by 88cruz88 »

Hey Mace how many points do you have to have to get invited to Am Worlds?
Mace Man

Post by Mace Man »

88cruz88 wrote:Hey Mace how many points do you have to have to get invited to Am Worlds?
Not sure. You should look at the PDGA
kscustom

Post by kscustom »

It's different from year to year, but the last 2 have been around 500
Soslychickenfry
Semper ludere optimus
cfluty

Post by cfluty »

Usually 750-1000 points, they will email your invite, so check it frequently, it will probably fill up quickly. Attend a-tiers, they give out good points.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Had some time to reflect on the event on the ride home:

We as Kansans are lucky to have a course like Thomas Park. There really is nothing like it in the state of Kansas. It is one of those courses where you have to be patient and take what the course gives you. It is really trying on your nerves and confidence to miss a line by a few inches and end up in the crap then what people miss by several feet and end up parked. The thing you have to remember is that you are going to repay the favor at some point during the day. The other thing you have to remember is "play your shot" don't show up at a hole and watch someone throw a great shot and try to duplicate it, throw your shot for the hole. I was guilty of both yesterday and it cost me several strokes.

Yes, Thanks to Mace for running the event. The big thanks has to go out to those girls!!! They really added to the event by having water, gatorade, food, and all the little things. Mace did run the event and did a great job, he was also compensated for his efforts in the form of sales and payout. The ladies need to be compensated by all of us thanking them and doing it with a smile! So next time you see them, make sure to tell them THANK YOU for donating your time and effort for helping Mace make Thomas Park a must play event!

Salina Crew great job on the course. It really does at T-Ruder said "look better every time you play it". Yes there are holes out there that we don't like for this reason or that but we all have to play them. One persons favorite hole is another persons favorite. Austin and I disagree about hole 14. He thinks it is "dumb luck" I think it is throw 2 good controlled shot or scramble for a good score. We also disagree about hole 5 I think it is a luck shot and he disagrees. Take the good, take the bad and try to enjoy yourself on the course.

Finally, WAY TO GO RUDER! It was Awesome to see you finally get that W. You had an amazing start to your round and played very well the entire round. I don't think your round rating the second round really reflects the way you played. Your putts on hole 1, 2, 3, 4 were all the putts of a champion. Your drives on 7 and 8 where exactly how you would draw them up in a Thomas Park tutorial. Great shooting!!!!

Thanks again to all involved.

Smitty
Austin

Post by Austin »

Results:

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/95189
smitty wrote:I don't think your round rating the second round really reflects the way you played.
I agree. How are ratings adjusted for different course settings? Thomas park in all alt pins scores a handfull of strokes harder.
kscustom

Post by kscustom »

Look at mine I shot the same score both rounds and it definitely shows the 2nd round played harder. Congrats Trude thanks mace and the ladies.
Soslychickenfry
Semper ludere optimus