Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Saturday, May 11- Topeka - Capital City Classic

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
Austin

Saturday, May 11- Topeka - Capital City Classic

Post by Austin »

ShaneOmac

Re: Saturday, May 11- Topeka - Capital City Classic

Post by ShaneOmac »

Anyone down to go to topeka for the capital city classic im leaving from wichita sat. Morning. If you want to ride along hit me up 316-992-6310.
ShaneOmac

Post by ShaneOmac »

Playing crestveiw gold and big shunga this is a one day two round pdga event
rich9000

Post by rich9000 »

Anyone know what course we start at?
DakotaBeals

Post by DakotaBeals »

crestview gold and shunga is just crestview park but different layout each roud I believe
scarpfish

Post by scarpfish »

Not that I was able to go anyway, but its a little hard getting excited about a tournament when the organizers don't seem that enthused about promoting it on message boards that a lot of their potential attendees read. There's nothing about the CCC on the KCFDC or Nebraska boards either.

Note to small businesses everywhere, despite popular opinion, not everybody in the world is on Facebook.
Swede

Post by Swede »

DakotaBeals wrote:crestview gold and shunga is just crestview park but different layout each roud I believe
nope. shunga is temporary
Throw Millennium.
Austin

Post by Austin »

scarpfish wrote:Not that I was able to go anyway, but its a little hard getting excited about a tournament when the organizers don't seem that enthused about promoting it on message boards that a lot of their potential attendees read. There's nothing about the CCC on the KCFDC or Nebraska boards either.

Note to small businesses everywhere, despite popular opinion, not everybody in the world is on Facebook.
Talking to Nils during the first round it sounds to me that the local club (Dawn to Dusk Disc Golf) has taken over a lot of the Topeka tournaments while LSDisc is just backing them with plastic. Kent Bryan (the clubs president?) was the TD. Not sure if the club knows where to post info. You would think they would want to put it on our forum since it is a KDGA event however.

Crestview gold is a good course. There are a few holes that don't reward good shots while at the same time don't punish bad ones. The Big Shunga is why I go to this tourney. It has some holes where you have to think where you want your drive to give yourself a good upshot. Plus with the tall grass behind a lot of pins being OB it makes throwing quality up shots important.

Results

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/103609

Congrats to Justin Two Names.
Swede

Post by Swede »

Looks like par could've been adjusted. Is the club running the event well onsite? Or still learning that too?
Throw Millennium.