Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

1880 Doubles Oct 5th (Rebooted thread)

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
Darren B

Re: 1880 Doubles Oct 5th (Rebooted thread)

Post by Darren B »

9 if you count the LRDGC members from far away lands
Darren B. - LRDGC
Boebo

Post by Boebo »

How much rain did you all get today/tonight?
"YOU CAN'T SELL SHORT
YOU CAN'T TEACH TALL
& YOU CAN'T BUY COOL"
Swede

Post by Swede »

Unless there was more after midnight, not much. Quick thunderstorm in the early eve. Came down pretty good and there will be some mud, but there shouldn't have been much accumulation. Of course it won't be drying too quick @ 45 degrees!
Throw Millennium.
Boebo

Post by Boebo »

What a great freaking time we had today, the payout was so sick with tons of cash for both divisions, ctp's, longest made putts, best score through the tough shot holes and so on. The course looked great, so hats off to Swede and the Newton crew!
We had the opportunity to play with this years champs, the first round, and the more adult bevies they enjoyed the better they played. Big CONGRATS to the "connoisseurs" Chris and Kevin on the win!
"YOU CAN'T SELL SHORT
YOU CAN'T TEACH TALL
& YOU CAN'T BUY COOL"
Swede

Post by Swede »

Thanks to EVERYBODY who made it out! I had a great time and I saw a bunch of smile. I'll whip up a Recap after the Peabody Picnic. See you there.
Throw Millennium.
opie

Post by opie »

Thanks to all the Hyzarnauts for putting together and running another great event. The course was great. It wouldn't bother me if you filled in the pond with concrete and turned it into a parking lot though. I lost three in there and I think the total for everyone in the truck was thirteen :shock: .

It was a great time and I plan on playing this event every year.
My people skills are just fine, it's my tolerance for idiots that need work.
Newt

Post by Newt »

Absolutely love this gig! Start counting the days for 1880 in 2014
SCFC
stauf

Post by stauf »

Big props to Brandon and his crew for a great tourney. The course was beautiful, and the format was so interesting and challenging. While i did give some props to old school Newton guys, i will say Brandon has taken this course and created a tourney worthy of it's character and history. Bravo Brandon!!!!
Jethro33

Post by Jethro33 »

I have to agree... Great job Nelson and crew!!! Another tourney that is in the list of musts for Kansas Disc Golf.

Just wanted to throw out some feedback I heard while on the course... instead of a 1700 category maybe try a 1770. Im not sure if you already looked in that but I heard it in on the course and believe that any feedback is good feedback.

Once again Great Job Hyzernauts!!!
Disc Golf Mania!
Swede

Post by Swede »

Jethro33 wrote:I have to agree... Great job Nelson and crew!!! Another tourney that is in the list of musts for Kansas Disc Golf.

Just wanted to throw out some feedback I heard while on the course... instead of a 1700 category maybe try a 1770. Im not sure if you already looked in that but I heard it in on the course and believe that any feedback is good feedback.

Once again Great Job Hyzernauts!!!
I've been kicking that very number around in my head. Not sure I'm ready to pull the trigger on a 70 point jump just yet but I'm entertaining it. I think it would create a larger, competitive lower division. I'm just worried it might leave some golfers no options to put together a competitive team. It does have a nice ring to it though. 88 and 77.

I welcome all feedback. Thanks, Bungle.

As I mentioned at the Player's Meeting, this is a work in progress. Turns out we weren't thorough enough with the card reading. I made one mistake and my partner and I wound up on the wrong end of another. Fortunately it's nothing money can't fix. My good gal is sleeping so I'll have to post the payout and figure a correction later but Moses and my pair of 59's got totalled as 120 which had us out of the cash. And when I scanned cards to see who shot well enough to win the Alt Shot Side Pot, I missed that the Anglers matched the Rounders @ -1. I'll get Scott and Nate some cash but I might need to hear the story of their tournament-busting 7 in "Best Shot" format. Something tells me they were Angling for a little of their own plastic after the round :D

Full results are going to have to wait til tomorrow cause this Prophet needs some shut eye.
Throw Millennium.
smitty

Post by smitty »

I could be the responsible party for the screw up on your score.....I did add several of them up.
WSUUltimate

Post by WSUUltimate »

Boebo wrote:What a great freaking time we had today, the payout was so sick with tons of cash for both divisions, ctp's, longest made putts, best score through the tough shot holes and so on. The course looked great, so hats off to Swede and the Newton crew!
We had the opportunity to play with this years champs, the first round, and the more adult bevies they enjoyed the better they played. Big CONGRATS to the "connoisseurs" Chris and Kevin on the win!

We too had an excellent time, and the bevies just lubricated our old bones!
WSUUltimate

Post by WSUUltimate »

stauf wrote:Big props to Brandon and his crew for a great tourney. The course was beautiful, and the format was so interesting and challenging. While i did give some props to old school Newton guys, i will say Brandon has taken this course and created a tourney worthy of it's character and history. Bravo Brandon!!!!

Huge props!
Swede

Post by Swede »

Here are your 2013 results:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

In addition to tying for the best score in tough shot, the Finnegans blazed through best shot going -10 on 17 holes. The Connoisseurs didn't put up gaudy numbers anywhere but the bottom line. In the end, both teams found themselves 2 clear of the field set for a playoff that offered equal measure of personal glory and embarrassment. Like the rest of us Saturday, they would need to let the inevitable sting of failure fade quickly and focus on the next shot. It took 4 holes and a few lost discs to decide this year's Dubs champions. Forty points below the cap, the bookmakers barely noticed them. But they feasted on former champs and odds-on favorites. Two seasoned vets with discerning palettes, put your hands together for the Connoisseurs: Chris Dendurant and Kevin Stauffer, team Stauffed Duck!

Last year I thought I'd never see anyone happier than Kindy after winning Dubs. I think Stauf just may have topped it. If all the "thank yous" and "we'll be backs" you all shared with me Saturday weren't enough to convince me to do this again next year, seeing what it means to those two just may have been.

Looking at the results it is clear we need to move the 1700 division up a bit. But it is also clear that the formats/holes don't give an advantage one way or another to the 1000/880 team or 940/940.

Sorry to the victims of the accounting errors. In the end, though, it really just means payout is a little more generous than we thought. 18 of 36 in the 1880 and 1/2 of the 1700 teams got some dough and/or discs back. And that isn't even counting the 7 long putt and CTP prizes OR the 2 Aces!

Clint Walker singled #12 and Jordan Cranston hit hole #1 for $80 each. Neither had a Hyzernaut tag!

1st 1840 Connoisseurs Stauffed Duck __ Chris Dendurant , Kevin Stauffer -9 $265
2nd 1868 Finnegans Ginger Flautist __ Casey Fluty , Mike Unruh -9 $265
3rd 1874 Beefcakes Brutis __ Curtis Broadhurst , Brian Thompson -7 $140
4th 1870 Sellecks Cookie Dusters __ Crispin , Jason Childre -6 $110
5th 1868 Mindys Smitten Kitten __ Smitty , Kindy -5 $90
6th 1867 Thriftys Penny Wise __ Mark Wisbey , Lenny Edwards -4 $65
6th 1854 Playboys Slab City __ Quinten Street , Kyle Wiedwald -4 $65
8th 1874 BIGz Big Wigz feat. Lil' Z __ Ben Wiggins , Alex Zollman -3 $50
8th 1865 Juicers A-Rod __ Austin Streit , Rod Cooley -3 $50
10th 1872 BFF's Lean on Me __ Buddy Kassner , Jeff Ring -2 $35
1868 Prophets Old Testament __ Brandon Nelson , Moses Reed -2
10th 1868 Flame-Heirs Purple Reign __ Toby Prince , Jason Adkins -2 $35
10th 1831 Tatanka Ya Herd? __ Tracy Ruder , Claudio Alvarez -2 $35
13th 1880 Plowboys 4-Bottom __ Darren Bottom , Thom Vierthaler -1 $14
13th 1878 Hecklers Tough Crowd __ Shane Crisler , Jehremy Heckman -1 $14
13th 1877 Sharks Greg NorMann __ Shan Mann , Greg Larmer -1 $14
13th 1876 Rounders Close to the Vest __ Jeff Vest , Ryan Doyle -1 $14

1st 1688 Duffers TaylorMade __ Tod Palmer , Bill Taylor 4 , $90
2nd 1679 Acoustics Garcia/Grisman __ David Blackwell , Jerry Sherwood 14 , $40
Throw Millennium.
smitty

Post by smitty »

It is amazing how close the scores are....

The changing formats works out perfect.