Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Little River Food Drive Feb. 1

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
Ring

Re: Little River Food Drive Feb. 1

Post by Ring »

Can't wait Darren!! Sounds great as always up there in Little River.
Evreybody dies but not everybody lives...
iguardus

Post by iguardus »

What time does it start Darren
Darren B

Post by Darren B »

registration and chili drop off begins at 8:30
players meeting at 9:30
1st round tee's at 10 with some kind of boom
chili judging and eating after 1st round for 1 hour or so
2nd round tee boom again
awards and raffel
Darren B. - LRDGC
Darren B

Post by Darren B »

thanks to whoever picked the right ticket at the wichita ice bowl(Thanks Man) there is now a basket in the raffel , thats 2 baskets available this weekend in Little River
Darren B. - LRDGC
arobb

Post by arobb »

Hey Darren - if I can only play the first round - would that throw a wrench in the whole day? Would love to support the cause, but also need to be home to support my wife, the mess in our house, our Christmas un-decoration, the pile of grading I will have, and, well, you get the idea.

But I'd sure like to come for the morning round, the fellowship, and to support a great cause! Thanks!
Darren B

Post by Darren B »

arobb wrote:Hey Darren - if I can only play the first round - would that throw a wrench in the whole day? Would love to support the cause, but also need to be home to support my wife, the mess in our house, our Christmas un-decoration, the pile of grading I will have, and, well, you get the idea.

But I'd sure like to come for the morning round, the fellowship, and to support a great cause! Thanks!
Come on down this thing is about the day, the cause, the fellowship, and maybe about the chili. we're not throwing wrenches we're throwing discs no problem leaving early
Darren B. - LRDGC
Darren B

Post by Darren B »

edible mulligans are back, five cans for food bank = 5 mulligans, max 5 per round, they make you just want to throw again (maybe konen creek makes you have to throw again) depends who is telling the story
Darren B. - LRDGC
discscout

Post by discscout »

I know its not a big town, but are there directions to Darren's shop.
Darren B

Post by Darren B »

610 spring
course is at the corner of highway 46 (26th rd.) and walker street, look for the red barn wearing a quilt on the east side of road, from there go 3 blocks east, 1 block north and 1/4 block back west, shop is on left, kacki with white trim, 2 overhead doors, basket in yard
Last edited by Darren B on Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Darren B. - LRDGC
scarpfish

Post by scarpfish »

I should point out that even though you see it on the map, there is no more Highway 46 as KDOT decommissioned it. Just look for the "Redskin Country Little River" sign as you approach that corner off of 56. (I believe that road is signed as 26th Rd). Turn north, follow the pavement, and do the slight right curve at the welcome sign. You'll see baskets as you pull into town.
mikey

Post by mikey »

Think tomorrow will be a good day to eat my basket winning chilli.
Newt

Post by Newt »

I wanna eat some of that basket winning chili too! Sounds like it'll be a good day for chili, and DG.
SCFC
Darren B

Post by Darren B »

got a good dusting of the white stuff last night not enough to keep us from having a great time today, drive safe see you i a while
Darren B. - LRDGC
Newt

Post by Newt »

Fan-freaking-tastic. What a GREAT time. Thank you Darren, community and those who unfortunately got paired with me:-) it was hands down, a BLAST.
SCFC
scarpfish

Post by scarpfish »

I do gotta say while I wouldn't want to play it that way all the time, a light dusting of snow in the short grass adds some definition to the course.

Some great chili (and cinnamon rolls) at lunch today, and perfect weather for eating it.