Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

2014 Little Apple Open (Manhattan, KS) - May 18

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
pironix

2014 Little Apple Open (Manhattan, KS) - May 18

Post by pironix »

smitty

Re: 2014 Little Apple Open (Manhattan, KS) - May 18

Post by smitty »

Awesome! Thanks Jason.

The RV will be rolling into town on Saturday at sometime and could throw something down at one of the town courses.
PETRIE

Post by PETRIE »

Yo Smitty,

I'm thinking the course of choice for people arriving early (Saturday) will be our newly remodel / redesigned Fairmont Park Disc Golf Course.

We, the Disc Fanatics of Kansas (Manhattan based club), recently completed our transformation of the course from a simple & kinda short 9 hole course to a more challenging & tad longer 18 hole course .

We put a lot of effort into re-designing the existing course... all but 2 of the fairways have been changed... Plus there's all the fairways in the new area of the park that we expanded into. We've even got new 5'x15' concrete tee pads, plus new tee signs w/ maps & distances.

There's plenty of parking for lots of players & we've got keys to the baskets so we can set it up to be as difficult as possible.

Just a thought. We can talk at the GBO, if needed.
Last edited by PETRIE on Tue May 06, 2014 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come to Manhattan. Play our courses.

smitty

Post by smitty »

Rick-

Sounds good to me. I will need to check with my copilot to make sure everything is good. What are you thinking for Saturday? I don't know if maybe we will be heading there after the B-tier in Smithville?

Does Thad know we are coming to town? That dude is my man to get Tuttle ready to roll. He normally moves the baskets, spreads mulch, and does many of the little things that go into making the event run smooth.

I strongly encourage anyone planning on playing this event, preregister. It makes life so much easier for us behind the table, and makes the tourney run smoother for you the players.
PETRIE

Post by PETRIE »

Well... On that Saturday I will be attending a neighbor kid's K-State graduation and/or evening reception. Thus my presences at any course that Saturday will be hit & miss.

I just wanted the traveling KDGA players to know that Fairmont is a lot bigger & better that this time last year... thus it's probably the course of choice if anyone wants to pull together a large group. We've had two local tournaments there with 60+ players & the course didn't even break a sweat.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Regarding Thad, I'm not sure if he's played since last June... has/had a nasty injury preventing him from playing.

We're to a point up here with building/remodeled courses, that we kinda divided up who's responsible for what courses... [Long story there] Divide & conquer is how I see it. I'll see if one of the Tuttle course guys can contact you. I can further discuss this with you if needed on the GBO weekend.

smitty

Post by smitty »

Online Reg
Current Player List
Last Years Results

78 Players last year, may fill this year. Don't wait until the day of to register...do it soon.
smitty

Post by smitty »

74 on Sunday is what the long term forecast is saying! Going to be a great day for Disc Golf!
PETRIE

Post by PETRIE »

A lot of guys at our DFOK Doubles League tonight at Tuttle were talking about getting signed up.
Plus, I'm sure it will be discussed a lot tomorrow night at our DFOK Bag Tag (singles) League at Warner.
{{{ The usual feed frenzy talk when a big or local tournament is coming up }}}

Hopefully a lot of our guys will follow through and get signed up, sooner rather than later.

Also, I've heard some guys have a plan for spreading wood chips around to the usual places...

smitty

Post by smitty »

Tell those Disc Freaks of Kansas to get on the World Wide Web and get registered. The fewer people we have to worry about on Sunday morning the smoother the start of the day will go.

Thanks for spreading the word.
smitty

Post by smitty »

My copilot and are will be in the Manhattan area all day. Plan to play Fairmont, Ft. Riley, and then pick your partner doubles at Tuttle starting at 5.
kewley

Post by kewley »

Better bring a couple of frisbees that you are not attached to if you go to Moon Lake. What time are you thinking about going to Fairmont?
PETRIE

Post by PETRIE »

"Freaks".... Good one Smitty... ya we've got some freaks up here, but they prefer nobody knows. :lol:

Seriously though, it's really hard to predict what our 24,000 college student freaks will choose to do with finals done & their cars packed for home.

See you soon.

smitty

Post by smitty »

Mark- I would guess 2 or 3?? We don't have anything to do but run doubles starting at 5.

Rick- Tell those college kids to get their butts to the course. You are bringing the Keg...aren't you?
smitty

Post by smitty »

51 peeps so far. Don't get turned away...sign up soon.
PETRIE

Post by PETRIE »

That's weird. Word on the street up here is "Uncle Smitty's buying with his winning$ from the GBO".
If not, I guess I can bring some beer... as long as you remember to bring scorecards this year.

Good to see the Pre-registration numbers are picking up... I'm only counting 17 or so Manhattan regulars in that 51.
We've had approx. 80 competition minded locals play in our leagues this spring. So hopefully you'll see a couple more big pre-reg. days before Sunday.
Last edited by PETRIE on Fri May 16, 2014 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.