Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

1880 DOUBLES @ CAMP HAWK Oct 4th, 2014

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
pironix

Re: 1880 DOUBLES @ CAMP HAWK Oct 4th, 2014

Post by pironix »

Or maybe Tackett and I will show off our Halloween costumes a little early...

Swede

Post by Swede »

Unacceptable. You know y'all are tougher actin' than that.
Throw Millennium.
RaiderDave

Post by RaiderDave »

Awesome awesome tournament again this year! Thankful to have played all four years. It's the highlight of the year! Thanks Brandon for all your hard work and for the way you have made this tournament so much fun with all the cool formats! Now you know we're all back home online anxiously awaiting final posting. Us Black Ties Taylor Made didn't make the payout, but we're still anxious to know just who we did beat! Hope the wait isn't too long! Thanks again for all you do!
Swede

Post by Swede »

I am crispy fried after 1880 and the ACDGC membership drive. Finally got all the cards counted and recorded. Here are the 2014 DUBS RESULTS

Awesome to see my teammate lift the 1880 trophy and my (sometime) workmate lift the 1740 trophy. As I told everyone there, I was awed by the support I've felt for this tourney and for the course. Silly number of donors, sponsors, and volunteers who kicked in to make this gem shine. Thanks to everyone of you.

Jeff La-Hey-Ha won the 1740 CTP
Cannoli and Smitty picked up the all day Long Putt prizes
Riner and Scooba won some CTP's.
One other CTP prize was picked up by someone. I don't remember who you were or what hole you won. Chime in and let me know.

Maass-E won the free standing hammock.
Stauf won a Wondernut dyed Bottom-Stamped Sirius Scorpius
AJ Cruz won $15
Corey Harrison won a new DD Soldier Bag

Crazy finish to the day with a 6-team playoff for the Tough-Shot prize starting on hole 1, 1740 division playoff for the title starting on hole 18 (finally finishing on 22), all while the remaining teams threw off for the Ace money--Switch Bonus style. Only at DUBS.

I felt like the rounds flowed better than in previous years. I heard lots of positives about how nice the course looked. I wasn't stoked about how the payout looked. I know that is the trade-off you get when everyone gets a piece of sweetly-stamped Kansas plastic but I guess I'm greedy. I dropped the ball on some rules/OB communication but I hope we had enough repeat customers that knew the scoop. This tourney is becoming a fixture on the calender but I still consider it an experiment. So any input/feedback you've got is always welcome.
Throw Millennium.
Newt

Post by Newt »

I will say, I don't know about youse guys, but i walked (stumbled, appropriately so) away from this gig feeling like we won the damn thing and we obviously we didn't, this year. That is quite a perspective on how much fun a guy can have at the 1880. Swede, you're all class bro. You reprised and solidified yourself as one of the my fav. TD's. You and crew did a fantastic job. This was my third year attending and this years "project" has toppled the former two. Bravo sir. Already looking forward to next years. I'll hop off the b's there but a big thanks to all who made it possible and the cool cats who attended.
SCFC