Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Doo Dah June 7th and 8th

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
smitty

Doo Dah June 7th and 8th

Post by smitty »

ONLINE REGISTRATION
Current Player List

This is Wichita's premier disc golf event! Sign-up early to secure your spot.

Spread the word and lets see if we can fill this event. Start spreading the word now.
palmer

Re: Doo Dah June 7th and 8th

Post by palmer »

Being an adv Grandmasters player @ 55 bucks do I need to add $10 since I'm not a PDGA member? Kinda steep don't ya think?
smitty

Post by smitty »

Yes, you will need to pay the additional $10 fee. That is a pdga thing, and out of our hands. The $10 you pay as a nonmember is $65 less then my cost to be a member.

The $55 fee on track with the cost of similar events.
jump_putter

Post by jump_putter »

The $10 fee to the PDGA will never be reasoned well to me. The fee covers no costs of the PDGA and provides the non member with NO benefits. Dumbest thing ever, and with more and more tournaments feeling the need to be sanctioned, the $10 cost is becoming an issue. I refuse to renew my membership because is affords no benefits that I deem worthy of $75/yr
-Ronnie Unruh #20079
scarpfish

Post by scarpfish »

The supposed rationale of the $10 fee is that it puts non-members under the PDGA's insurance umbrella for the duration of the event. Doesn't seem like much of a benefit, but its one of those dry legalese things that has to be done.
88cruz88

Post by 88cruz88 »

Hopefully will get more than just a disc voucher this year for $55..just saying!!
smitty

Post by smitty »

I would personally like to do player pack only for all am divisions. Then win your card prizes each round, and trophies fir winners.

I am sure more than a disc voucher can come on the front end of the payout. It would just lower the payout on the back end.

All Ams should want to do player pack only. Generally the people who are against it are the people who take all the prizes at every event.
palmer

Post by palmer »

I agree with you Smitty.
jlsherwood

Post by jlsherwood »

I will be available to take early registrations for 2014 Doo Dah open at our weekly league play, at Derby (Mondays) Herman Hill (Tuesdays) and Oak Park (Thursdays) through June 5. I will be there by 5:15 p.m. (Oh yes, an Advanced Senior Grandmaster Division is now included ... online too)

Remember, this is a PDGA event, if you are not a current, paid up member of PDGA you will need to add $10 to entry fee.
jlsherwood

Post by jlsherwood »

Please note! ACDGC League play tonight, Tuesday 5/27, is at Colwich, not Herman Hill. However, I will be at Herman Hill from 5:15 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. for anyone who want to pre-register for the Doo Dah.
Just trying to accommodate those of you who want to sign up early, but not online.
Jerry
smitty

Post by smitty »

Thanks Jerry!

I think I will be in town Thursday for league, and can registration then. That is unofficial...but probable.
jlsherwood

Post by jlsherwood »

Early registrations for 2014 Doo Dah Open before club play at Oak on Thursday, at Water Center on Friday starting around 5 p.m. and online now ...http://www.dynamicdiscs.com/disc-golf-t ... o-dah.html
pironix

Post by pironix »

Just a reminder that this weekend is the cutoff for retroactive KDGA points this year. If you aren't paid up by the end of the weekend, you will only get points for any tournaments that you play AFTER you pay!