Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

2015 K-Ratings

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
Swede

2015 K-Ratings

Post by Swede »

K-Ratings are a local equivalent to PDGA player and round ratings. Almost all events on the KDGA Oz Tour get their results K-Rated. This means any player who plays a handful of tournament rounds in Kansas should have a player rating he or she can compare to friends, foes, and super pros.

K-Ratings are primarily used for 1880 Doubles each year at the beginning of October. Players must have at least 5 rated rounds to play. Teams cannot have combined player ratings higher than 1880.

Find your K-Ratings here.

Search for your name by pressing "Ctrl" and "f" at the same time. Try smaller portions or alternate spellings of your name (ex. searching "nels" is likely to find "Brandon Nelson"). Make sure all of your tourney rounds are recorded (the tab in the lower left will show you what the tournament abbreviations mean). If your name is easily shortened, you may have some results under both spellings (ex. Nate vs Nathan). Let me know if you spot a problem.

K-Ratings are current through The Rock with the exception of the Winfield Country Club.
Throw Millennium.
arobb

Re: 2015 K-Ratings

Post by arobb »

Hopefully Icky will come through for you and us all with the results from Winfield one of these days!
smitty

Post by smitty »

Thanks Swede!
kwiedwald

Post by kwiedwald »

Thanks alot Swede!!
skeen

Post by skeen »

Does the green highlight mean paid membership?
pironix

Post by pironix »

skeen wrote:Does the green highlight mean paid membership?
Believe it means you have the minimum number of required rounds in to set your rating for the 1800 tournament.
Swede

Post by Swede »

pironix wrote:
skeen wrote:Does the green highlight mean paid membership?
Believe it means you have the minimum number of required rounds in to set your rating for the 1800 tournament.
Exactly right. Player Rating in Blue, everybody with 5 or more rated rounds turns green.
Throw Millennium.
jbjbaseball11

Post by jbjbaseball11 »

How often do you update these Swede?
Swede

Post by Swede »

jbjbaseball11 wrote:How often do you update these Swede?
Basically whenever the spirit moves me. It's not so important early in the season but the updates will get more frequent the closer to DUBS we get. I try to get tournament results rated within a week or two and I post them to the tourney thread. Takes a decent amount of time to get this K-Ratings spreadsheet updated, sorted, trimmed and shared so it's nice to have several tourneys worth before I go to the trouble.

If anybody out there has some spreadsheet chops and could help me streamline the process, I would be very grateful. As is I'm looking at a minimum of 30 mins per tourney. This isn't something I'm good at, just something I've decided to do.

If you want to figure your own K-Ratings after the tourney results have been posted, it's pretty easy. Your K-Rating is simply the average of all your rated rounds that are at least as high as your "CUT OFF" score. I guess you could shoot two really crappy rounds which would therefore lower your CUT OFF enough to include your new crappy rounds. But that would suck so don't do that.
Throw Millennium.
Swede

Post by Swede »

Ratings are current through Miltonvale last weekend. 94 golfers eligible for 1880 DUBS.
Throw Millennium.
shadlikefish

Post by shadlikefish »

Hey Swede you have me in there as Chad Schafer it should be Shad Schafer. Thanks
Swede

Post by Swede »

Updated through Moundridge though I don't have results from Dodge yet.
Throw Millennium.
Swede

Post by Swede »

Waiting on results from Dodge (need individual rounds) and Beloit so I can get the Ratings updated. Help a brotha out?

Cherry Street in Winfield will be your final chance to get rated rounds before 1880 DUBS.
Throw Millennium.
Swede

Post by Swede »

Updated through Little River. Dodge I rated as one 36-hole round.
Throw Millennium.
Swede

Post by Swede »

Almost 2 hours to K-Rate the Keeper. Woof. That's the only downside to all the folks who played their first KDGA tourney @ the Keeper. Awesome turnout especially in Women's and Juniors. Next year let's get a thread going on the forum here, yeah?

I filled in the "Alpha" tab at the bottom of the page if you want to search by first name. I know there are lots of misspellings so give a good look around before hollerin at me.

I made a decision this year not to K-Rate rounds if the someone did not finish the tourney. I notice now that I never announced it. I'm sorry for that. It is just far too confusing and time consuming to have incomplete data as I sort pages.
Throw Millennium.