Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

1880 DUBS -- Saturday Oct 3 @ Camp Hawk

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
ChainedEvil

Re: 1880 DUBS -- Saturday Oct 3 @ Camp Hawk

Post by ChainedEvil »

After this weekend's Keeper of the Chains my rating dipped down to 890. I'm still looking to get a partner(if someone wants to pick me up that is)and get as close to 1880 as possible. I would love to get in on the action at camp hawk.
Thanks
Craig Winters
Swede

Post by Swede »

3 new pin locations on 1 (temp), 6, 12

All but 2 pins are in the correct location.

ALL water will be OB this year. That's gonna add some more pucker to hole 7 :wink:

Link to FORMATS PAGE:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Best Shot: (Normal Doubles) Players A and B both drive. They decide which of their shots to throw from. Both throw. Repeat until a putt is made.

Tough Shot: Players A and B both drive. Their opponents decide which is the tougher lie. Both players throw from the tougher lie. Repeat until a putt is made.
*You MUST choose the lie that you feel will result in a worse score for your opponent. Failure to do so will result in disqualification of BOTH teams.

Switch Shot: Players A and B drive. Player A finishes the hole from B's drive. B finishes the hole from A's drive. The better score is taken.

Switch Bonus: Played the same as Switch Shot but if a team gets 2 birdies, it is scored as an ace (1).

Alternating Shot: Player A throws first. B throws second from A's lie. Continue alternating shots until the hole is completed.
*Maintain the throwing order through the entire 3-hole section of Alt Shot holes. If A taps in the putt, B drives the next hole.
Throw Millennium.
Newt

Post by Newt »

You can count on Newt Brockne showing up on that date...psshhh, like we'd miss.
SCFC
RaiderDave

Post by RaiderDave »

Looking for a new partner. This is David Blackwell. Don Mordecai was goona be my partner this year but is now unable to make it. My rating is 899. Like everyone else I want in on the best tournament of the year!
teebirdputter

Post by teebirdputter »

When is the cutoff for the last rated rounds
mikey

Post by mikey »

Player ratings will be locked after Sept 19th, so after the rounds at cherry street.
BenNispel

Post by BenNispel »

Unfortunately Warwick Nipples won't be able to make it this year. So Ben Nispel 958 and Joe Boller 921 will be going instead! 1879
Swede

Post by Swede »

K-Ratings updated through Hays. Use the "Alpha" tab to look someone up by name. Only 2 more rounds @ Cherry Street before we are locked, loaded and open for sign-ups.

Don't forget you can reserve your place early with a small donation. Donors get first pick at the tourney discs and pick their starting hole among other perks. Most generous donation earns a seat @ Dan Harm's lunch table. Dan enjoys fine wine, sumptuous food, Champion Whippets and long walks on the beach.

Good to hear that some perfect matches are coming together. Another strong connection developed this weekend when two randy frolfers found common ground: THE Quag-Meyers plan on attending --TEAM Naughty Neighbors FEAT. Corey Obermeyer & James Giggity McLaughlin
Throw Millennium.
Mfouquet

Post by Mfouquet »

Whats been the scoop on the 1740 division? Has there been many teams in the years past for that division? Just trying to decide if I should play 1880(still lookin for a partner) or possibly do the 1740 with my son, Noah. Any input is appreciated! Thanks!
Micah Fouquet
arobb

Post by arobb »

We had 4 teams in last year's 1740's. There were a few others in the 1770's range - which might happen again this year, based on some of the numbers I've been seeing come together (including my own).
RaiderDave

Post by RaiderDave »

Blackwell still looking for a partner. 899. Did Winters find one yet?
Swede

Post by Swede »

Just gonna throw this out there and see who hits back. It's late in the game for a change like this but every year there is a group of folks in the region of 900 who can't find partners. So I'm wondering if we still don't have the right limit for the lower division. Should it be 1780? 1800? My goal has always been for the lower division to provide a route to play for as many as possible without weakening the upper division. Soooo.....

1) Are there 1740 teams out there who would be hurt by a late change?
2) Does anybody have the math/data analysis skills to tell me what lower division makes most sense based on the numbers of eligible players? Here is the Data https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Feed me back
Throw Millennium.
ChainedEvil

Post by ChainedEvil »

For me personally it would be easier to find a partner around my rating 890 to pair up with and put us at the 1800 level. Unless there is a pro out there 990 or there abouts that wants to take a chance with a Intermediate level player, like myself.
arobb

Post by arobb »

I looked at the 2013 and 2014 results. Looks like 12 teams from 2013 (out of 40) were at or below 1800. Last year, it was 7 (again, 40). Both years, the results look comparable in terms of the competitive nature, with the bottom teams in the 1880 division being in the same range as the top teams in the 17XX division. I'd guess that trend might hold? So - wherever you make the cutoff, it will leave someone at or close to the level, but I'd be in agreement/favor of raising that second level to 1780/1770/1800 - whatever the powers that be might think is reasonable. The 1880 division will still be more highly populated - which it should be for a high quality event - but it works to include teams like the Merged Atoms in a more competitive division - rather than being 110 ratings points behind our division competition. :D

Side note: Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you, Swede. Obviously the donation link - but if there are any logistical things I can do, I'd be glad to help!
jump_putter

Post by jump_putter »

Looking forward to my 1880 debut. Nick Parsons and I will be partnering up. I also know that Nick Unruh and Preston Unruh will be signing up on opening day as well. Their vote is to move to 1780 if that option presents itself.

Also Cameron Unruh is looking for someone to play with. He's a damn good putter and at 913 would make a mid level pro a helluva partner!!
-Ronnie Unruh #20079