Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

1880 DUBS -- Saturday Oct 3 @ Camp Hawk

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
Swede

Re: 1880 DUBS -- Saturday Oct 3 @ Camp Hawk

Post by Swede »

1880 filled in 18 hours! Post here or contact me to get on the waiting list. Gonna be a minute before I come up with all these team names :D
Throw Millennium.
jump_putter

Post by jump_putter »

Congrats on hosting an event that so many peeps want to be a part of this much. Full that fast? Badass! Can't wait for my first of many 1880's.
-Ronnie Unruh #20079
Swede

Post by Swede »

Jumpin Jesuits LOOK AT THOSE FIELDS!!! They are absolutely stacked. This is gonna be a brawl!!! Thanks y'all!
Throw Millennium.
BenNispel

Post by BenNispel »

That really is an awesome field!
arobb

Post by arobb »

And, it doesn't look like the 1740 - 1780 switch really affected the dynamic. If anything, based on last year, the numbers at the bottom end of the 1880's group are significantly higher! Now we wait for great weather like last year!
Swede

Post by Swede »

Mandatory Player's Meeting @ 9:30. Be there for roll call and vital info on formats and OB.

We've got a pair of Deans on the Alternate/Waiting list in the 1880 Division. McVey/Danford are waiting in the wings for the 1780 division.

Got some awful perty plastic today! In addition to picking their starting holes, donors get first pick of plastic. Hit me up with your preferences and I'll set some discs aside. BTW Buddy upped his already generous donation today and is in pole position to dine with Hyzernauts. Thanks Budd!

Here are your plastic choices...

Millennium

Quantum EXP-1 Only available through tournaments. A reliably overstable workhorse driver in the vein of a Whippet / Firebird. Beautiful see-through Quantum plastic in day-glow or slightly pearly blue. 175g

Tank Stable to Overstable Putt and Approach. Wonderful grip. Medium to soft. Pink 175g

ET Omega Stable Putter in a magic blend of supple yet durable plastic. Extremely Tacky without being floppy. Blue, Purple, Yellow 175g

JLS Dead Straight Fairway Driver. Ever wondered how people throw straight? Try one of these. Millennium or Sirius Plastic Pink 169g , Green 175g

Dynamic Discs

Classic Judge Stable putter in firm but grippy plastic. Light Blue, Pink, Blue, Grey 173g. White 174g. Red 175g

Fuzion Trespass Overstable Distance Driver with great grip. Blue 167-9. Green 173-5.
Throw Millennium.
arobb

Post by arobb »

If ya'll haven't seen the beauty of the Hawk yet - you'll be in awe! Played there yesterday, and Swede and his Hyzer-homies have that place lookin' fantastic! Trees, weeds, and grass have all been nicely trimmed, brush piles cleaned up, and the course is nearly trash free! If I remember, I'll bring some buckets to use as trash cans on a few of the holes so that we can hopefully keep it clean.

I know you don't get many thanks, and for sure not enough compensation - but thanks, Swede!
jump_putter

Post by jump_putter »

1880 week. Can't wait. Ignoring forecasts at this point but I will have waders ready if needed. ;)
-Ronnie Unruh #20079
Swede

Post by Swede »

ARob, Thanks for the kind words. Got the big half of the course mowed today. I'll finish tomorrow and start marking OB. I'll holler at you if we need some help on trash cans. County supposed to be ordering a replacement so I'm hoping it is in time.

Looky here, a sexy JLS threesome...
Throw Millennium.
BMFNT

Post by BMFNT »

Scooba isn't going to be able to make it so Brandon Tackett and I will be teaming up. Sorry for the late notice.
BT - ACDGC Communications Director
Swede

Post by Swede »

Because our Sponsor NEWTON DISCOUNT LIQUOR won't be open until after we start Saturday morning, I'm asking you all to send me your liq/beer/wine orders by Friday @ 5. You bring the cash Saturday morning and I'll show up with your order on ice in a cooler you can use for the day. PM or text (316 65one 7512) me your orders and be as specific as possible. Otherwise please visit Newton Discount Liquor @ 1225 Washington Rd (few blocks north of Wal Mart on the West side of the road). Make sure and thank them for their continued support.
Throw Millennium.
Swede

Post by Swede »

Camp Hawk is sorely missing tee pad signs. Here's a map for your practice rounds...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7mDlx ... sp=sharing

Hit me with some Liq orders.
Last edited by Swede on Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Throw Millennium.
jump_putter

Post by jump_putter »

Nice. 12'er of Corona bottles for me. Have your cash Saturday morning. Thanks.
-Ronnie Unruh #20079
Swede

Post by Swede »

The generosity keeps pouring in. Millennium Golf Discs is kicking in a new Flak 4 bag to be raffled this Saturday! More prizes to be announced but there will definitely be a Glow EXP-1 with an 1880 stamp up for grabs.

Duck's and Handeye Supply Co. teamed up to provide some killer trophies.
Kingpin also provided the sweet stamp and the scorecards.
Burger King is offering 10% off your lunch once again this year.
Millennium got us some killer discs and is donating the bag.
Hyzernauts kicked in a mountain of work @ the Hawk in addition to a mountain of plastic you'll be taking home.
and of course Newton Discount Liquor threw down some cash for you all to pick up on the course.

Course is 95% flagged/painted and will be done by tomorrow eve. I'll have 1's temp bucket up again after work tomorrow for your practice rounds. 1780 get shorter tees on 2, 11, 13, & 21-23. They are marked by yellow flags.

See you @ 9:30!
Throw Millennium.
ericwall2

Post by ericwall2 »

Swede! I lost a destroyer on 23 in the tree line along the right. By the 24 fairway. It got dark and had to go. Wiped stamp and light pink. Let me know if yiu see it tomorrow. Thanks! Course looked great tonight too!