Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

1880 DUBS -- Saturday Oct 3 @ Camp Hawk

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
Swede

1880 DUBS -- Saturday Oct 3 @ Camp Hawk

Post by Swede »

5th Annual 1880 / 1780 Doubles Championships!
Saturday October 3rd, 2015
Harvey County Camp Hawk Newton, KS

WHAT: A Bring Your Own Partner, multiple format, ratings capped doubles competition based on you and your partner's 2015 PDGA or KDGA tournament performances.

2 Divisions are offered: 1880 and 1780. A team's combined player ratings may not exceed the divisional cap.

HOW: 2 rounds of 20 holes played in a variety of doubles formats including Best Shot, Tough Shot, Alternating Shot, and Switch Shot.

WHO: Each team member must have 5 rated rounds in 2015 to be eligible. If you are not a PDGA member, I give PDGA-equivalent ratings (K-Ratings) for many events in Kansas. You can find Current K-Ratings Here

HOW MUCH: $70 per team (Includes 2 tourney-stamped discs, online fees, and an small ace fund)

PAYOUT: Cash Money!

SIGN ME UP!: This event filled the last 3 years with 40 teams. Player ratings will be locked after Sept 19th. Online Registration will run 8 DAYS ONLY from Sept 20 thru 27th. NO SIGN UP after the 27th.

I WANT TO HELP: Want to ensure you and your eligible partner get a spot? Don't mind helping fund K-Ratings and course improvement? Consider sponsoring early. A donation of $100 or more pays your team's entry, secures your spot before registration even opens and gets you first choice of tournament discs and starting holes. Donate Today!!
Last edited by Swede on Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Throw Millennium.
BenNispel

Re: 1880 DUBS -- Saturday Oct 3 @ Camp Hawk

Post by BenNispel »

belsan21

Post by belsan21 »

Joe Belsan rated 930 so far this year. Would love to pair up with someone that gets our team as close to 1880 as possible this year! Here's looking at you JD Wyatt, Twitch, Whillock? Obviously we gotta let ratings play out, but I'm ready for some dubs!
Swede

Post by Swede »

belsan21 wrote:Joe Belsan rated 930 so far this year. Would love to pair up with someone that gets our team as close to 1880 as possible this year!
I love this attitude. Imagine the competition if we could get even 1/2 the teams rated at 1865 or better! Please post here (or whatever the kids use nowadays, MyFace? Tender? InstantHam?) if you are looking for a partner. Take a chance and meet somebody new. 1880 is your chance to swipe right for one day of fun, no strings attached.

Did that get weird?

K-Ratings are updated through Little River. The Donation Link is in place. 4 more KDGA events until we lock the Ratings.
Throw Millennium.
loomis

Post by loomis »

I'm not sure of my rating but I'm hoping to play this event. Minna would like to play too. She has four PDGA rounds and would have six by the time this event happens; is that enough to qualify her as my partner?
pironix

Post by pironix »

loomis wrote:I'm not sure of my rating but I'm hoping to play this event. Minna would like to play too. She has four PDGA rounds and would have six by the time this event happens; is that enough to qualify her as my partner?
Das - your current k-rating is 991. It looks like Minna's current rating is right around 830 for this year. Assuming she gets her final two rounds in before the cutoff you two should have no trouble coming in under the cap for 1880!
ChainedEvil

Post by ChainedEvil »

I would like to play in this event and am currently sitting at a rating of 904. I have to play my four rounds in the keeper of the chains in a few weeks. I too would like to pair up with a player looking to get as close to 1880 as possible. Obviously I will know more after sept 6th when the keeper of the chains is over with.
Thanks
Craig Winters
Boebo

Post by Boebo »

The "Sharks" are a go!
"YOU CAN'T SELL SHORT
YOU CAN'T TEACH TALL
& YOU CAN'T BUY COOL"
loomis

Post by loomis »

Go ahead and sign Minna and I up for the 1880 dubs as a team. Where is the Pre-reg?
Swede

Post by Swede »

loomis wrote:Go ahead and sign Minna and I up for the 1880 dubs as a team. Where is the Pre-reg?
All them infos is them first post at the top of the page. Pre-Reg doesn't open until after Cherry Street so everyone has an equal shot to find a teammate and sign up. Though if you really wanna get in early, $100 will do the trick.
Throw Millennium.
Swede

Post by Swede »

3 Super-Dudes have already made donations and another couple have said they plan to. Thanks to Buddy Kassner, Marc Wisbey, and Dan Harms for helping to fund the Hawk and K-Ratings. In addition to his donation, Dan has again offered that the individual with the most generous donation will be invited to join the Hyzernauts for our slightly-posh picnic lunch. Sounds like a Mediterranean theme again this year!

My good gal is again drumming up some sponsors. Big thanks to these repeat sponsors!...
Newton Discount Liquor
Handeye Supply Co
Millennium Golf Discs
Burger King

Thanks to Newton Discount Liquor, teams will again be clamoring for the Top Shelf Tough Shot Chaser and the Alt Shot Side Pot as well as other cash prizes.
Throw Millennium.
Swede

Post by Swede »

4 more awesome surprises came in this weekend,
Smitty "Chris" Smith
Nate Taylor
Wichita Indoor Putting League
& Ben "Slim Biggins" Wiggins
all made generous donations! Thank you gentleman and Putting league! BTW I hear the WIPL is set to be bigger and badder this year.

The course is finally completely mowed (been a good year for grass) and the trimming is well under way. Many buckets are in 1880 position and the rest will migrate this week. We thought the formats and flow last year were the best we'd seen so we aren't gonna tinker too much. We're discussing a couple different pin locations and I'll post the formats/holes when we have it nailed down.

Waiting on results from Keeper so I can update K-Ratings. Give me a heads up if you already know your partners so can start scheming up some team names :D
Throw Millennium.
arobb

Post by arobb »

Adam Robb and Adam Voth will be back again! We might have gotten "too good" for the JV division this year, but we'll be out there chucking!
Swede

Post by Swede »

I've heard murmurs of 8 returning teams:
Unofficially the Warwick Nipples, Holiday Inns, Kenny Loggins, Connoisseurs, Sharks, Bronx, Idle Threats, and the Merged Atoms are all looking to cash in on their experience last year.

If you're looking to play but don't know how to find a partner, post here or hit me up. There are a lot of reasons to come to 1880 but there is one thing you can't get anywhere else; the chance to win cash while playing with someone from a totally different division. 628 people have competed in the KDGA this year. So far over 200 are eligible for 1880. Snag one that gives you a shot to win!
Throw Millennium.
Artimus

Post by Artimus »

Team Rarely Sticks, Arty Hicks and Larry Usury Will be signing up on Sunday the 20th