Zach_Keys

Re: Pre match Warm Up Routine

Postby Zach_Keys » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:20 pm

What is your routine?
YOUR AD HERE!!!!

Schoen-hopper

Postby Schoen-hopper » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:39 pm

It hurts when I throw the first drive. Hurts my finger, joints, back... when I try to throw hard without warming up (which is most of the time).

To warm up. I start throwing putts (not too many). Then upshots, mids, and finally the drives. If you are warming up for a tourney, you can throw too many drives and mess up your game. Its good to throw 1 or 2 drives per hole, but more than that can be counterproductive.

Ever worked out or done physical labor right before a game? Seems like I can really drive well when the muscles are warmed up.

Dirty Dave

Postby Dirty Dave » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:09 pm

I always have to stretch my arms before i play. I do some side arm stretches [pull your arm across your chest] and full body stretches [reach for the sky with both arms] before I play. If I don't, I get sore in the shoulders and elbows for two days.
My disc is bigger than your disc

Cat

Postby Cat » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:16 pm

I have watched some pros and they need to comment.
But they start with stretching out then they go to disc in hand spin stretches without throwing.
I dont know why but maybe they will now offer there opinion!!!!!!!!!!

JTP
Miles from a course.....minutes from a gater.

Ruder

Postby Ruder » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:16 am

Mike Randolph wrote:Warming up: My personal pet peeve is not taking care of your body. DO NOT roll outta the car and start throwing drives. I don't care who you are, or what shape you're in. Loosen up first, and get those fast twitch muscle fibers going. It's not just a matter of bending over and touching your toes and putting a few times. I heard a great quote from a pro baseball pitcher about getting ready for the game: 'Don't throw to warm up...warm up to throw.' Watch most of the top pros, especially the masters. They all have a pre-round warm up routine, and this is not a coincidence. Personally I usually run or rollerblade around for 10 to 15 minutes before I throw a single disc, then some plios and dynamic stretches focusing on the lower legs and hips is next, stretch out the shoulders, then throw some meaningless shots in a field moving from 50%, 70%, 90%, then some drives. Play some holes -- maybe a key section of the course -- then hit some putts. Putting is the last thing you should be doing before the round starts. Make sure you putt your last few in from 20 feet or so. These are the ones that kill. Have enough water, maybe an energy bar for the back nine... and go have fun.
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.

Return to “Technique & Training”