Andover Course

General Disc Golf Chatter
jtkustomizer

Andover Course

Postby jtkustomizer » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:25 pm

That looks like a good site to me i will go by there after work tonight to take sime pics

Schoen-hopper

Postby Schoen-hopper » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:25 pm

I haven't been out to Andovers park, but I agree that out east would be a prime spot for a course. Things would snowball for the good if we could get a course there.

As far as Idlewild, I remember the idea being approved. No assistance for baskets or tees though. The park is plenty big enough, but the terrain is dead flat with uniform tree density on one side and wild woods on the other. The park isn't manicured like those you're used to seeing. Kinda trashy place. I'm not sure it would be such a good investment if our excellent course at Herman Hill (also on the south side) is underutilized. If funds for the baskets were available, I'm sure we would provide the design and labor to get the course in the ground.

Ring

Postby Ring » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:59 am

DUH wrote:
I don't remember what happened to Derby except for it wasn't being maintained well. Just because one course didn't work out doesn't mean we should quit trying to get more in the ground.

Bla Bla Bla............ :arrow: Whatever :roll:
Evreybody dies but not everybody lives...

Schoen-hopper

Postby Schoen-hopper » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:04 pm

I drove through this park yesterday.

Nice park; well taken care of. There is enough room for a course. The best areas for it may be too close to the park road, sidewalks, and buildings (like around the pond and arboretum).

The area in the back is probably where the majority of the holes would have to go. Reminds me a little of Rosedale. Mostly open with dense perimeter. Only this perimeter is very thick with cedars!

Overall, my impression was so-so. It would be good for a real short 18 or perhaps a decent 9. I'm not sure how much traffic would dictate where the holes could go. One thing is for sure, it would get a lot of notice and use in Andover.

$c0oBa

Postby $c0oBa » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:58 am

Andover Central Park is a good idea for a course. it has small elavations,wooded area, lake, and doesn't have a lot of traffic.

From my understanding we had the okay to put one in, when the city didn't own it.

I shot the idea at the Andover Parks Dept. Manager, when I put a water well in at ACP, he sounded like he might have been interested.

jtkustomizer

Postby jtkustomizer » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:28 pm

I am going to try and get in contact with somebody there and will post my results on here.

Fagan

Postby Fagan » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:36 pm

I am moving into a new house on 21st and Andover road and love the idea of a course in Andover.

Return to “Disc Golf Discussion”