Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

River Pond Course (Manhattan) - Maintenance & Volunte

General Disc Golf Chatter
PETRIE

River Pond Course (Manhattan) - Maintenance & Volunte

Post by PETRIE »

Some friends of mine and I have started playing disc golf this spring. Now that we've played for a few months we're hooked. We all live in or very near Manhattan so we've played the courses that are considered to be in Manhattan. Plus we play the new course on base at Ft. Riley, Junction City's South Park, and we've even made a special trip to Topeka to play their courses.
As the summer progresses, we've noticed how the River Pond course @ Tuttle Creek is really needing some attention. I feel that it's time for me to volunteer some of my free time to work on my local course in order to keep it operating smoothly. I am ready to put my carpentry, welding & landscaping experience to good use.

So, who do I contact if I want to help with the maintenance of the River Pond Disc Golf course? The phone number or e-mail address of who to contact would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick
smitty

Post by smitty »

There is a local dude named Thad Pultz. He isn't the contact probably but he could tell you who to contact.
PETRIE

Post by PETRIE »

Don't get me wrong, it's still very playable (except for a couple days after a large rain storm PLUS a little shed is being built in the middle of the fairway for hole #13).
Last edited by PETRIE on Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

There is a new course at Ft. Riley?
PETRIE

Ft. Riley Course

Post by PETRIE »

Regarding the Ft. Riley Course . . . a co-worker of mine found out about it but I don't remember from whom.

Basically they've put out 18 baskets and that's it so far. There might be a map online somewhere but I don't know for sure. The guy that told me about it gave me a map so that's what I use when I play.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

This is what is listed on the PDGA website.

http://www.smithzone.com/flyingdisk/riverpond.htm
Home: (785) 565-0765
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

Thanks, we missed you at Beloit.