Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Kansas Courses

General Disc Golf Chatter
smitty

Kansas Courses

Post by smitty »

Ok people. Please take a minute and look at the current list of Kansas courses. If you know/play a course that isn't on the list please post it here. I will then try to make a contact and attempt to get the course info listed on the PDGA site. If you know of a course that has been pulled or needs to be removed from the list, let me know that also.

If you can include a contact that would be great also. If not, I will try to use the City Parks and Rec. as the contact.

Here is the current list.
http://www.pdga.com/course_directory/st ... order=City

I think I know of 4 places that are rumored of having a course and don't.
Oakley
Larned
Moundridge
Peabody

I also know of a few I think may need to be removed from the list.
Love Box
KSU campus
mrsenortyler

Re: Kansas Courses

Post by mrsenortyler »

I think you can still play KSU Campus, just not from 8-5 or when there are a lot of students on campus. I may be wrong.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

I didn't see these.

Wellington
Achison (9)
Ransom
Rose Hill (private) Tick Ranch
Piper (private) Ted's Dread
sweetphil

Post by sweetphil »

i know of these two that were not listed.

Ellsworth
Hoisington
sweet phil from sugarhill
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Lake Melvern?
Chucker9

Post by Chucker9 »

I was told by Ezel, who just moved back from Moundridge, that there is a coarse there. The love box coarse is still there, as of 2 months ago. 8 baskets left the last time I tried to play it. What about Colwich, they pulled the baskets. Cico park in Manhatten was an object coarse that had no tee signs and impossible to follow. (when I tried to play it last year)
God,Family,Discgolf,DenverBroncos,Sooners...Says it all for me.
scarpfish

Post by scarpfish »

Larned and Moundridge are in the ground, although at last check Larned had nothing more than paint lines for tees.

PDGA directory has Kansas with 83 courses, the DGCR directory has us with 98, (100 if you count courses that are marked as extinct. Colwich, Southwestern). I'm sure we'll be getting Colwich back in some form eventually.

Courses that PDGA is missing:

Atchison - 9 holer
Hoisington
Camp Horizon
Camp Quaker Haven
Clay Center (2 nine holers)
Elk City Lake in Independence
Ellsworth
Larned
Moundridge
Valley Center
Pomona State Park - 9 holer
Russell
new Pittsburg course (only has posts for targets at this time)
Junction City - South Park
Wellington

Courses that DGCR is missing:
Rich Ranch
Running Horse - Baldwin City
Cico Park in Manhattan (I think it was removed)

Courses listed as an 18 on PDGA, but as two separate 9 holers on DGCR:
Salina - Lakewood
Clinton State Park - the old Wakarusa festival courses

I take it Chilton Park in Dodge City is the same as the Tortilla Chucker course?

I think the issue with KSU is there isn't really any dedicated disc golf equipment there. You aim from a spot on a sidewalk to something designated as a target. Cico Park in Manhattan should probably be removed for the same reason. Especially since Manhattan has some actual courses in town now.
Last edited by scarpfish on Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
smitty

Post by smitty »

So here is what I have so far.

Manhattan (Maybe Rick can chime in)
KSU- May be playable may not?
Cico park is still on PDGA. I may try to contact the person listed as the course contact and see what is up.

Wellington does need to be added for sure. Contact made

Atchinson back 9 needs added. Contact made

Ransom is on the PDGA list.

Rose Hill isn't on the list. I will try to get with Jeff and see if he wants it on the list or not. Burley if you are lurking maybe you could be the go between.

Ted's Dred- Isn't in the ground or not? We are pulling it next year? Mike I will leave this up to you if you want to contact them and see if they want to get on the list or not.

Ellsworth- Anyone have a contact? Contacted City **E-mail failed

Hoisington- Contact? No luck finding an e-mail

Melvern is on the list- Osage City

The Moundridge COURSE was already on my list. Contact? Dyck?

I will try to contact Horizon and Quaker Haven and see if they want to be listed on the PDGA site. Contact made

Clay Center- Contact?? E-mail sent

Elk City lake- Independence has ?2 courses? PDGA lists one on the college it looks like.

Valley Center- That would be Paulson.

Russell- Any contact? Contact made

Pamona Lake- Contact?

JC has a course? Is this different then the scout camp?

Coffeyville? I think I heard something about that at one time.

This is a great start. If anyone has a contact for any of the places on the list. Please quote the the course and list the contact. Don't just post Bob Brown and an e-mail, that does me very little good.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Chucker9 wrote:I was told by Ezel, who just moved back from Moundridge, that there is a coarse there. The love box coarse is still there, as of 2 months ago. 8 baskets left the last time I tried to play it. What about Colwich, they pulled the baskets. Cico park in Manhatten was an object coarse that had no tee signs and impossible to follow. (when I tried to play it last year)

Course!!!!!!

Unless it is very rough, then it could be a "coarse."
Austin

Post by Austin »

scarpfish wrote:Larned and Moundridge are in the ground, although at last check Larned had nothing more than paint lines for tees.
I played Larned around Christmas. They had 18 holes with homemade wood tee signs. no concrete.

KSU Salina is stil there. It is playable at any time. During the day you just have to park by the trucks (hole 3). They are missing basket 8 because they built a baseball field. Just play back to basket 5. Doesn't really hut the flow.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Austin-

The discussion is about the KSU campus in Manhattan.
kewley

Post by kewley »

Should either KSU or CICO be listed?

There is only a handful of object courses on the listing and only these two from Kansas. Now that there are 3 courses in Manhattan with baskets should we encourage people to go to the object courses?
smitty

Post by smitty »

kewley wrote:Should either KSU or CICO be listed?

There is only a handful of object courses on the listing and only these two from Kansas. Now that there are 3 courses in Manhattan with baskets should we encourage people to go to the object courses?
That is the million dollar question.

How many people play the courses?
Can you find your way around them?
If I came from out of town would I play them or a basket course?

I personally don't think they should be on the list, but don't know how much use they get.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

I tried to play the Manhattan campus course once. Couldn't find any tees or any targets. There aren't any. Just designated places to throw from and to that are written down somewhere. Not really a course in my opinion.
Boomer9time

Post by Boomer9time »

Agreed, not courses so take of list and keep to the locals