Great Snow Disc Golf Photos & Stories?

General Disc Golf Chatter
PETRIE

Great Snow Disc Golf Photos & Stories?

Postby PETRIE » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:32 pm

I've always enjoyed looking at disc golf snow photos all over the web. Don't know why, I just do.

So as the snow started to pile up today, I decided to go take a few pics at my favorite course (Warner Park).
Some of them turned out so well that I decided to share below. I hope you enjoy these.

Please post your favorite disc golf snow photos and stories here. I can't wait to see them.

Come to Manhattan. Play our courses.

disclizard

Re: Great Snow Disc Golf Photos & Stories?

Postby disclizard » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:35 am

Doooood those are sweet. I love trees and it looks like the ratio of risk to reward/punishment is really close yet fun. I have noticed that the corses around here seem to be getting to cleared out taking out the punishment of bad throws. i think that the snow will bring back some of that in tall grass areas. You really need to think out your landing areas (if you have to land any where off the green) in the snow which adds a chalange to some of these easier holes.

Thanks for sharing those pics. I am going out to newton this weekend with a friend Sunday and hope to remember the camera . If I do I will post some good shots. Holes 2, 7, 8,10, 13, 15 and 16 I think would be sweet shots.
Chain smoker

discscout

Postby discscout » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:57 am

Some of these need to be sent to Innova to be considered for the 2012 Calender they put out.

scarpfish

Postby scarpfish » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:31 pm

We had a guy from Minnesota on DGCR get overwhelmed by cabin fever. He decided he had had enough of the snow and planned an impromptu trip down this way to play some disc golf since the ground was still showing. He had planned this during the week we were having the unseasonably warm weather towards the end of last month.

Unfortunately, he ended up getting here just in time for the weather to go in the crapper. Here's a video of him playing Peter Pan in Emporia right in the middle of last week's snowstorm.
:mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY8yvv3-lfE

:shock:
What can I say but that guy is hardcore. (I feel sorry for his dog). He asked me to join him for a round, but between the weather and work I had to decline the invitation.

That's why I don't go south to get away from winter weather. It doesn't always work out. I'm sure the guys on the DD crew who went down to Lewisville last weekend would agree with me.

smitty

Postby smitty » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:42 pm

scarpfish wrote:I'm sure the guys on the DD crew who went down to Lewisville last weekend would agree with me.

Disagree! Played the last round in shorts and long sleeve t-shirt.

kewley

Postby kewley » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:18 pm

That video reminds me of the Monkey Island Open last year.

Return to “Disc Golf Discussion”