Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Insured Events

General Disc Golf Chatter
holsinger

Insured Events

Post by holsinger »

Just curious if anyone has any experience with running an event that had to carry insurance. We are putting together our Brutal Big Hill Doubles event for next month and the Army Corp of Engineers is requiring us to carry insurance on the event this go around. Any advice or recommendations would be very much welcome. In fear that this event may not happen now due to this. Thanks in advance.
kscustom

Re: Insured Events

Post by kscustom »

Is the course on a military installation? If so you pretty much have no option?
Soslychickenfry
Semper ludere optimus
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Our club spends about $250 a year on insurance. Insurance should cover liability at events and could cover theft of club inventory. Not sure about how it works to get insured for a single event.
holsinger

Post by holsinger »

Thanks for the replies. It's not on a military base. Big Hill Lake is just run by the gov't Corp of Engineers. They didn't say a word about insurance last year, but this year they are. Guess we might need to look into just insuring the club as a whole sometime soon. Thanks again.
iqbal

Post by iqbal »

If you make it a PDGA event, I believe you can use their insurance. I'm sure Bob Decker can confirm or correct this statement.
Indyhucker

Post by Indyhucker »

From watching the KCWO on discgolfplanet.tv I saw advertisements for an insurance company called Philadelphia Insurance company who insures disc golf events. I don't know what it costs or what it would entail but the announcers boasted much about the company and how they are disc golf friendly. Hope this helps.
ronconversjr

Post by ronconversjr »

I believe the fee to add insurance to your PDGA event is $50. Many towns require it.
Specializing in Zen golf!
www.DynamicDiscs.com
holsinger

Post by holsinger »

Thanks for all the suggestions. Certainly helps. We're still waiting on the Corp of Engineers to send us the paper work so we can see how much we actually need to be insured for. We will look into all avenues. Thanks again.
kselrod

Post by kselrod »

Man...one person gets hauled off in an ambulance and the tournament gets canceled. I promise not to let it happen again, where is the waiver for me to sign...lol.
holsinger

Post by holsinger »

Always one guy that's got to ruin it for everybody....this thing's gonna get pushed back date wise, but we're still hell bent on having it.