KDGA Website Changes

General Disc Golf Chatter
pironix

KDGA Website Changes

Postby pironix » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:48 pm

As some of you have noticed there was a change to the website over the last few days and we are still trying to work out the kinks. I've seen a few posts about people having issues with private messages. For those of you having troubles, could you post here and tell me what exactly is going on? Are you getting error messages, unable to send, ect?

I definitely want to get the issues fixed... but hard to do if I don't know what's going wrong.

If you see any other problems, please use this thread to keep the list in one place, thanks!

- Jason

88cruz88

Re: KDGA Website Changes

Postby 88cruz88 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:45 pm

There seems to be a problem with the view active topics tab, at least from my computer, on the discussion board!!

Schoen-hopper

Postby Schoen-hopper » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:14 am

I'm not able to view private messages. Inbox says full, but it doesn't view the list of messages as normal, so I can't delete any. Is anyone else able to view their private messages?

disclizard

Postby disclizard » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:15 am

same here . this is what it says: Folder is 100% full (30 from 30 messages stored)

Compose message30 messages • Page 1 of 3 • 1, 2, 3 No messages

says its 100% full then says i have no messages . HUH?
Chain smoker

Austin

Postby Austin » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:55 pm

Downtown says he is unable to log in at all. I have to login before I hit post reply or its just an error page.

pironix

Postby pironix » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:14 pm

I believe the issues with private messages should be resolved. I will look into the login issue. Chris Tyler has told me it doesn't work on one of his computers and has given me a little info... but any information I can get on where/at what point the issue is occuring is helpful in getting it fixed.

pschmidt

Postby pschmidt » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:44 pm

My computer at work logs me in automatically. My computer at home does not. When I click on "Post Reply" and I'm not logged in, I get an error page that says this....

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/captcha/captcha_factory.php on line 36: include(./includes/captcha/plugins/_plugin.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/captcha/captcha_factory.php on line 36: include(./includes/captcha/plugins/_plugin.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/captcha/captcha_factory.php on line 36: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './includes/captcha/plugins/_plugin.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/captcha/captcha_factory.php on line 38: call_user_func(::get_instance) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback

Fatal error: Call to a member function init() on a non-object in /home/Pironix/domains/kansasdiscgolf.com/public_html/forum/posting.php on line 186

pironix

Postby pironix » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:02 pm

Hey Phil - I think the login/reply problem should be fixed now too. Want to give it a go and let me know if it works for you?

pironix

Postby pironix » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:51 pm

Jason - is View Active topics working for you? I don't normally use it.. figure it's better to ask someone who used it before the upgrade. :)

pschmidt

Postby pschmidt » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:05 am

Pironix wrote:Hey Phil - I think the login/reply problem should be fixed now too. Want to give it a go and let me know if it works for you?

Works for me!

smitty

Postby smitty » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:19 pm

Thanks Jason for jumping in head first on this project. I am sure the more you mess with it the better it will get.

Do we have the capability of posting pictures and jazzing up the front page at all?

Later

Smitty

pironix

Postby pironix » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:10 pm

We do... I'm trying to get the front page up and going again to hopefully somewhat match what Kyle had before. As part of the move I did a bunch of upgrades (we were running a version of the front page over 5 years old), and the template that was in use isn't compatible...

I'm open to suggestions if there is something you are wanting to add.

smitty

Postby smitty » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:22 pm

I just thought it would be cool to add flyers of upcoming events, maybe pictures if anyone snaps a cool pic during our after an event.

Could do "hole of the month" for some KDGA goodies. Where would post a random hole and people could guess the hole, course, town, etc.

Give people a reason to check it out. I think for the past several years, people would just as soon skip that page and go straight to the forum.

schnelle

Postby schnelle » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:21 pm

Yep what Smitty said. Also how about the OZ tour schedule link from the old page. Us noobies see tournies like "the rock" and "shunga" and have no idea what town those are in, but schedule link from old page was more descriptive than the schedule posted in the forums. Thanks

smitty

Postby smitty » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:10 pm

Posted fliers the same way I always have and they are to big for the page.

Don't know if you can control that.

Return to “Disc Golf Discussion”