Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Ft. Riley Course Rumor...

Manhattan area news and info
PETRIE

Ft. Riley Course Rumor...

Post by PETRIE »

Rumor has it that the tall grass at the Ft. Riley course has recently been cut.

Durty Doggy, can you confirm this as rumor OR spread the news that it's true?

I can't wait to hear a full report... and hopefully start playing it again (soon)!
Last edited by PETRIE on Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come to Manhattan. Play our courses.

durtydoggy

Re: Ft. Riley Rumor...

Post by durtydoggy »

I played it today. They just bailed the hay. There is still some tall grass under the baskets and in certain spots. It is better than the 2 foot grass that was there before, but could still use some mowing.
rlangton

Re: Ft. Riley Course Rumor...

Post by rlangton »

Hmm I may have to come up for a round over the weekend.
John

Re: Ft. Riley Course Rumor...

Post by John »

Sorry it has taken so long for me to respond to this forum but I was unaware of its existance. I am the PDGA contact for the Ft. Riley course. I played several rounds with one of the primary designers of the course (Capt. David Vavoda), he showed me the locations of all of the tee pads before he shipped out only a few months after the baskets were installed. He was the contact for the course when he turned it over to me and gave me the map you see on this thread. I have contacted all of the people I could and only found out that no one would take responsibility for the course. However inside the conferance center, just inside the door is a wall with command structure and pictures on it, what I have surmised is the responsibility belongs to the highest ranking person on that wall, I cant remember his name but his email address is up there to, I will be happy to get it for who ever may want to try to get something done. I have tried last year but had no luck. They wouldnt let me put up markers either. I am open to suggestions though, I have access to the base, I work there. My wife is an active duty soldier and I am a vet, and I am willing to do whatever I can from contacting people to running a tournament if necessary. My email is on the PDGA Fort Riley course info page,,, jwnisbetjr@yahoo.com. Let me know what I can do to help make this course playable for the club, for the soldiers and for civilians. The course is a great addition for the area as it is very different then most courses in the area, long and challanging, and a real tester even for the pro's.