Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Wraith, Wraith, Wraith

Disc golf equipment- discs, accessories, targets, etc.
Schoen-hopper

Wraith, Wraith, Wraith

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Who has thrown all three?

The champion is the most understable of the 3 when all are brand new. Possibly the longest champion disc in the right hands.

The pro is the longest of the 3. Once it takes even a couple of knocks, though... it's a completely different disc. Lots of late glide, like a starfire, it flips. It still flys very far though, just like most of the other pro line discs.

The star wraith is the most overstable. Not too much though. The grip could be the best of both types of plastic. I know it looks the nicest when new. If this disc is durable, which it seems to be, it might be the favorite for most players.
paul

Post by paul »

i have now thrown all three. good for disctance but very sensitive to release angle. i will leave all of mine sitting in "the stack"
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

Mike, is the Wraith much like the Z Avenger, or not at all? I have never thrown the Wraith, but have seen GREAT things.

Don
superq

Post by superq »

I think that the star is longer than either of the others. Even the Pro, not to mention the Star is a lot more forgiving. :)
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Don... My experience with the Z avenger is that it is super straight for the first half of the flight and then gets fairly stable. Or you can giv it a gentel hyzer arc and it will hold a fairly consistent turn.

The wraith is not as overstable. It also has more glide rather than fade in the second half of the flight. I can throw the wraith much farther while not sacrificing too much control.

What is great about the wraith is that you don't have to try and throw it far for it to go far. It is an amazing disc.
Ring

Post by Ring »

Yes far,far,far..It ia also a great fick disc..To me the easiest to control..

I throw the champion and pro line..The pro line is much more overstable..put it on a big anny and it always comes out.. The champion is more understable not so good for flicking..IMO really not to good for anything but to fly into the ground..cause thats what it does most times I throw it :cry:
Evreybody dies but not everybody lives...
smitty

Post by smitty »

Just what we need another thread about the Wraith. Booooo Hissssss!!!
McCabe
Regional Rep

Post by McCabe »

smitty wrote:Booooo Hissssss!!!
superq

Post by superq »

Come on Smitty, D-craft is all good too, I have to take a break though, I can not believe they actually released the slipstream. Can you honestly see a situation where you look in the bag and go Hey I think I need the slipstream for this shot?

But Innova has had their share of blunders too, and Gateway has actually got one or two right to go with their blunders 8) ...
Anakha

Post by Anakha »

What's wrong with the Slipstream? It's a bomb roller, no worse than the Roadrunner.
Also I've thought yeah, the Slipsteam would be perfect for steep downhill bombs, example #3 at centennial, parked it every time with it, although I do the same thing with my Buzzz, it gets there alot faster :P
superq

Post by superq »

Anakha wrote:What's wrong with the Slipstream? It's a bomb roller, no worse than the Roadrunner.
Also I've thought yeah, the Slipsteam would be perfect for steep downhill bombs, example #3 at centennial, parked it every time with it, although I do the same thing with my Buzzz, it gets there alot faster :P
3 at centinial? Ok I can see a buzz on the top two placements, The long not likely. Regardless, Slipstream is a TERD. I never threw a roadrunner I really have no room for a disc that turns over that much, Actually I have a Spectra that is very slightly used if you are interested... Perhaps I am being to hard on the disc, I had to throw it 36 times not once but twice, I think I learned all I wanted to about it then. :roll: Image
Anakha

Post by Anakha »

Yeah, I'll take that Spectra off your hands, but I'm not sure we're talkin the same hole at Centennial, I mean the one that goes from the top of the hill next to the teepad for 6, all downhill to the creek. That's for sure a Buzzz shot.

And the Spectra is the shite, I have no problem throwing it. Hit me up on pm or e-mail when you want to get rid of it, although I think you should practice some more with it.

And as for the Slipstream, like I said it's a roller, the best I've thrown brand new, but hey, maybe I don't know how to throw rollers right.
smitty

Post by smitty »

superq wrote:Come on Smitty, D-craft is all good too, I have to take a break though, I can not believe they actually released the slipstream.
I am not standing up for the slip stream, the banger, or the buzz GT.

I am just saying that the Wraith isn't the greates disc in history. I only have 4 molds in my bag. Pred, Crush, Buzz, Challenger.

I do have a Z Xtreme for short hyzers, a Drone for windy midrange, and a flick for "Left" handed spike hyzers.
McCabe
Regional Rep

Post by McCabe »

So Q, your saying your "taking a break" from Discraft because they came out with the Slipstream? Wow, thats kinda wack isn't it? Discraft released the Slip, Banger, and GT Buzzz for beginners anyway.
Remember, Innova did come out with a Dragon, Star Stingray, Wolf, New Roc's....need I go on?
Anakha

Post by Anakha »

McCabe wrote: Discraft released the Slip, Banger, and GT Buzzz for beginners anyway.
Harsh. But Beginner I am, like the GT's I do, not strong with the force am I. :D

But yeah I can see why they are meant for Beginners, If my Daughter could get a better grip on the disc she would be throwing twice as far.